Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I played out first game last night. We had a blast and ran into very few rules questions that I didn't have answers to (Thank you Endevor, Remi, and everyone else!) There were a few cards, though, that I would like clarification on.

Hand of the Father: This gives each hero affected +1D10 but doesn't specify for what. Am I correct in assuming that the hero can apply this to non-combat actions? What about other roles like courage checks?

Stand Fast: This is more just an example for a more general question. This card gives +1D10 to attack actions. Does this only apply to attacks made with an Action card, or can it be applied to Reaction and Interrupt card attacks as well? The deck reference just says it applies to attacks made by the hero.

Blade Dance: This card gives the hero 1 counter attack for each Rage. Question 1: do any of the attacks against the hero have to land a hit before the card can be played or are missed attacks enough? Question 2: When making the counter attacks, does the player role a full attack against one enemy with all D10's and FD available for each rage or is it one roll with one hit per success per rage? Question 3: If I hit and kill three minions with this attack does that pop a treasure or does it only count as three separate attacks with one kill each (so no treasure)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello.

Hand of the father boost your Dice Pool so yes it buff attacks and non combat actions

Stand Fast : the Action word is here for a reason, yes it ONLY buff attack ACTIONS, this is why there is Action/Reaction cards you have to choose if you want to play it as an Action and get the bonus (if you have one) but take your Action slot or play it as a Reaction and don't.

Blade dance
1 you don't have to be hit by the initial attack
2 you do 1 complete attack roll by rage
3 it is debatable i am not sure they are 3 separates attacks coming from the same card (added to my next Brian email)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok. Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I had completely forgotten that Hand of the Father not any healed, but also added a d10 to all heroes affected... even better card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more Acolyte card questions.
-Attend the Weak states:

"Faith, Heal. Restores 2 Vitality x Faith on 1 Target.
Adds 3 Threat.
This Action card allows the Acolyte to restore Vitality equal to the
Faith spent x2 to a single target (which may be the Acolyte) within 5
squares. Note that this ability increases the Acolyte’s Threat by 3.
This card also supplies a Faith."

The "faith spent" is what makes this confusing. I haven't seen it written like that on other cards.

First, does that mean I discard/spend faith cards in action slots to gain their bonus?
Second, how would you use your starting faith in this instance. If you discard, does it apply at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Nabbit
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Trust that you are beautiful.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrGurbic wrote:
The "faith spent" is what makes this confusing. I haven't seen it written like that on other cards.

Yes, that is pretty poorly worded. It should read "This Action card allows the Acolyte to restore Vitality equal to the Acolyte's current Faith x2 to a single target..."

You never "spend" Faith, it's just something you have. Your current Faith is always equal to the number of Faith cards previously played this turn, plus your starting Faith of one, plus the Faith listed on the card being played (if it has Faith), plus any Faith cards sitting on a Pray card.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyren wrote:
MrGurbic wrote:

Yes, that is pretty poorly worded. It should read "This Action card allows the Acolyte to restore Vitality equal to the Acolyte's current Faith x2 to a single target..."

You never "spend" Faith, it's just something you have. Your current Faith is always equal to the number of Faith cards previously played this turn, plus your starting Faith of one, plus the Faith listed on the card being played (if it has Faith), plus any Faith cards sitting on a Pray card.

Hope that helps.

Right, It's definitely poorly worded. No other explanations say "spend" so I wanted to clarify if this card was somehow different. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card explanations in the reference document should not be taken as rule,or accurate explanations actually.

The only part that's right (for sure) about the card, is what's in bold, so what's actually on the card, written by MegaCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
Hello.
Blade dance
3 it is debatable i am not sure they are 3 separates attacks coming from the same card (added to my next Brian email)

Did you ever hear back from Brian on #3, whether or not 3 successful counterattacks counts for popping treasure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
Endevor wrote:
Hello.
Blade dance

Did you ever hear back from Brian on #3, whether or not 3 successful counterattacks counts for popping treasure?

It will be interesting to see what Brian answers, but I *think* you'd have to roll 3 separate dice pools in that case, so I don't think a treasure would pop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.