9 Posts

Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Tracker - A Post Nuclear Disaster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UPDATE: 25.03.2014

Hi,

we are now LIVE on Kickstarter. You can follow the campaign here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bercium/tracker-a-post-...

Tracker is a competitive post apocalyptic board game for 4 to 8 players. The game, where even the dead still have a chance.

»You play a lone survivor venturing inside a nuclear test site, where you must adapt your tactics in a constantly changing environment. To come out on top you have to collect the most artefacts or kill all other players all the while racing to complete missions.« The highlight of the game is that players cannot lose, but turn into zombies and continue playing.

Follow us on our website!
www.trackerboardgame.com

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rhodes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As Seen on TV!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stalker: The Board Game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
As close as it gets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one card image on the website has justified text (massive spaces on some lines, looks terrible) and bad English (a global radiation over the entire map has started). Also, you probably want to use 'artifact' rather than 'artefact'!

You should have a native English speaker do a pass on all the text in the game. If you don't get any better offers, I can run through what you have.

You need to get a rulebook up asap. Your game features 'you can win even if you get turned into a zombie', which almost always turns out to be a terrible game mechanic. Show us that you're one of the few games to get it right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey Andrew, thanks for the comment! The text on the Emission card featured on the website has long since been updated. The picture is there only for show. The texts have been redone and are now much shorter, simpler and to the point.

We do have a rulebook up, we just published it live yesterday. You can check it out here http://www.trackerboardgame.com/tracker-board-game-rulebook....

You can read all about the mechanics inside, and if you have any questions or suggestions, I'll be really happy to take them.

As for the Artifact / Artefact, we decided to stick with Artefact, because we thought it sounded better. Why do you feel it's a better pick?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
I made a microbadge for the game, just approved

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super cool, thanks Barry!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook looks generally good, and your 'keep going as a zombie' rule sounds like it works nicely. One minor thing:

Quote:
If your target doesn’t have a weapon or you are outside of their weapon range, they have one chance to dodge the attack by equating your thrown number. Otherwise they lose

Equate is definitely the wrong word here. Assuming that the intention is that the other player has to equal or exceed the attacker's roll, I'd use something like "... they still roll a die - if they equal or exceed your roll, they successfully dodge the attack (but do not cause any damage to you)"

Also - you spelled 'equipped' right in most places, but there are two instances of 'equiped'.

Zombies don't seem like quite the right thematic fit for this game. Though I can't really think of a better one, it's a bit odd that a zombie gets resurrected as a human if he kills a human. That sounds more like the 'zombies' are humans driven mad by radiation sickness, stealing anti-rad medical devices from survivors to regain their control.

Artifact vs artefact:

Artifact is generally preferred in American English, whereas artefact is more common in Britain. When in doubt, use American, because there are most of them, and very few Brits will be unfamiliar with the American version.

For people who use both versions of the word (like me), they tend to use them slightly differently - an artifact is an ancient man-made thing, whereas an artefact is an unintentional creation. Lara Croft collects artifacts from tombs, and there are compression artefacts in my jpg files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks Andrew,

you're right about 'equate' and I changed it to 'equal'. You have to roll the same number as your opponent to dodge the attack. Exceeding means failing if you don't have a weapon to fight back.

I fixed the 'equiped' - they were typos.

Zombies seemed a better feel, because getting shot usually means dying. And when you involve artefacts with the power of instantly healing, resurrection doesn't seem so far off. In truth, this is a fantasy world, the anomalies are unnatural occurrences, thus we felt they could fit it.

With madman it would be hard to say that they don't die, they just go mad if you shoot them a lot of times. Wouldn't you agree?

According to how you use it, it would make more sense to keep 'artefact' as the word, because these are unintentional creations.

Thanks for your reply and I hope this cleared things up. If you have any more questions or suggestions, I would really love the hear them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.