Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kochamkinie has setup a bracket for this years NCAA basketball tourney: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1140879/ncaa-tournament-...

However, I wanted to risk some of my precious geekgold so I've started a bracket for those of you who like me who would like to put some skin in the game: http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2014/e...

Entry Fee: 10GG, tip this thread.
Bonus to Winner: 100GG from BookandGame!
Password: aldie derk
System: ESPN Default (which I think is Round # ^ 2), 1 entry only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Running out of time to enter! With 90 Geekgold tipped, that's 9 entries plus me for a total of 10. There's only 9 on ESPN so whoever is missing, get your entry in on ESPN. Pot is up to 190 Geekgold with my 100 Geekgold bonus (earned from betting on the Seahawks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I joined, with a brief gg IOU outstanding. I am good for it... and have participated in past years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Sweet
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BookandGame wrote:
There's only 9 on ESPN so whoever is missing, get your entry in on ESPN.

That was me. Now I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, but I had to rush through my picks late last night, so I don't have much hope of winning. It'd be nice to be able to adjust them today, but I won't be on-line until after the tourney starts. Oh, well -- "Them's the breaks."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I'm in as well, donated my 10gg to the winner, I mean to myself.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Sweet
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
I'm in, but I had to rush through my picks late last night

I think this is my 28th year filling out a bracket. I used to take my time and gather as much information as possible before filling it out. Now I spend about 5 minutes - with the same mediocre result!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Haverchuck wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:
I'm in, but I had to rush through my picks late last night

I think this is my 28th year filling out a bracket. I used to take my time and gather as much information as possible before filling it out. Now I spend about 5 minutes - with the same mediocre result!

I remember those days too. I think this is my 22nd year, and yeah, I remember poring over USA Today team capsules and scouting reports, and spending days filling out a bracket, back in those pre/early internet days (grumpy old man voice: "back in my day, brackets weren't online, they were printed out, filled in and taped up on the wall!"). Now, yeah, I took about 5 minutes to fill one out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8-for-8, with two double-digit seeds banked. Just 55 more, and that billion is mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
8-for-8, with two double-digit seeds banked. Just 55 more, and that billion is mine!

I'm kind of glad I lost one early or I would feel pretty stupid about not entering that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BookandGame wrote:
Coyotek4 wrote:

I'm kind of glad I lost one early or I would feel pretty stupid about not entering that.

I was supposed to register for that billion?

*uhps*

blush

Well ... it's not like I'm gonna actually have a perfect bracket, right? (11-0 so far, after that ridiculous Saint Louis comeback over NC State. ND State might be my first 'L', though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:
ND State might be my first 'L', though.

Aaaand, my bid at perfection followed my investment at Southpark Bank:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Down three already
Damn you Buckeyes, Bearcats and Sooners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo boy, Louisville was one of my final four teams. I think I'm in trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BookandGame wrote:
Ooo boy, Louisville was one of my final four teams. I think I'm in trouble.

you can breathe again, too close for comfort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
cooler king wrote:
Down three already
Damn you Buckeyes, Bearcats and Sooners

Exactly the same for me, and I had Cincinnati going to the Sweet Sixteen.

I'm still tied for third, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duke! What the hell is wrong with you, man? I had you in my Final Four!

And my Oklahoma State Cowboys are trailing Gonzaga. I had OSU winning that one, but losing to Arizona in the next round, so no big loss there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So.....

Who had Dayton in the sweet 16?

(My sister's an alum - she's pretty psyched)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreyac wrote:
So.....

Who had Dayton in the sweet 16?

(My sister's an alum - she's pretty psyched)

Happy to say I picked them to upset Ohio State in round of 64... but definitely didn't have them winning the next round!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the Badgers won a slugfest last night, literally. A Badger player got his teeth knocked out...

Now, today my wife's alma mater, Creighton, should win a battle to face them. Should be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I have lost 5 of my Sweet 16 teams so far but only 1 of the elite 8. Today has to be a good day for me or else I am done I have a feeling.

I have a feeling this KU game is going to hurt though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Trzaskowski

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some observations:

Arizona is doing prety good. I (and almost everyone in Tucson) were very concerned about the possible game with Oklahoma State, but it's not going to happen. Right now we have Gonzaga, which means the battle of Polish centers (Karnowski from Gonzaga is from Poland, played very well in the under-16 basketball champsionship where Poland lost only in the final game against US; Tarczewski is of Polish origin). I saw a few Gonzaga games this year and were not impressed, so Sweet16 should be easy to reach.

Actually, yesterday I was more concerned that we might play Oregon in Elite8, but it's also not going to happen. So if evertyhing goes well Wisconsin (one of my favorite teams this year) will be our last osbtacle to get to Final4.

Random observation: the number of teams playing really, really bad on offense in the field of 64 is amazingly large. Man, some of the best teams in the country are superinept when trying to score - frankly, they look like they have 1-2 plays on offense. The SLU-Louisville game was the epitomy of anti-basketball and Lousiville won only because a) Hancock finally hit two open 3-pointers in the final minutes and b) Montrezl Harrell is twice more athletic than all SLU centers/forwards combined. Still, the move that got Louisville the most points was a missed shot around the 30th second of play (after dribbling/passing for 30 seconds withut much purpose) and than rebound and putback by Harrell.

On the bright side: the first two days were great - probably may favorite time of the year (sportswise).

Bracket-wise I'm OK - may main bracket is at 96.5% with only one FF team out (Syracuse).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm down TWO! in the Final Four! Least the Gators and Badgers are still alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Trzaskowski

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More observations:

I have wathced around 80% of all Tournament games in the last 4 days. Wichita State - Kentucky was by far the best of all, and there is a good chance it might have been the best game in NCAA this year. Gret stuff by both teams, even though the winner was not my favorite team. Bracketwise is not a big deal, since I had tthem loosing to Louisville anyhow.

Iowa State is quickly becoming my favorite team that's left in the field (along with Baylor, UCLA and obviously Arizona). DeAndre Kane is the man and I'm very sorry that Niang is not playing anymore. The game against Tar Heels was also great.

It looks like that also we're done with the surprises for now (but boy, they were many in these 2 rounds).

GO Wildcats. !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kochamkinie wrote:

GO Wildcats. !!!

My sentiments exactly!

Unfortunately, my wildcats were out in the first game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.