20 Posts

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » General

Subject: Theme perfect, but yet again 1v1? Any chance of solo/coop? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zodmaniac zodmaniac
msg tools
Hi Folks,

I have been pleasantly surprised by ffg's choice of theme. I feared they might take a break after invasion with warhammer...

Still i think there are plenty of head to head lcg and other card games in general. I have learnt to love lotr lcg for its coop nature that allows to go solo till up to 4 players. It gives so much flexibility and honestly i rarely meet up with a friend more than 2x a month..so solo play is always there...

It would be perfect to design that game to stand with a competitive and a cooperative mode. Just a thought...

Anyways, would appreciate opinions

Zodmaniac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised it's 1v1 too, as 40k made a ton of sense to do co op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zodmaniac zodmaniac
msg tools
We should start a petition

signed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain, amigo, being a solo gamer myself. I also play a good bit of LOTR and, though I love the art, there are a lot of things that I'm not thrilled with mechanics-wise and I have long wished that FFG would try again with another coop LCG.

But in this particular case I'm actually happy that it will be head-to-head. I'm a recovering 40k minis gamer who got fed up with GW and quit. But I don't mind giving my money to FFG, so I'm looking forward to perhaps getting a more palatabe romp against my buddies in the 40k universe. Plus, there's already Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game. Don't get me wrong, I would also be thrilled if Conquest were going to be a coop game. I'm just saying I'm ok with it in this case.

Edit: typos...so many typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

How so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Idaho11 wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

How so?

Although I would love a solo variant too. I am also curious how the quoted poster arrived at 40k=co op. Seeing as it gets it's roots from a fairly intricate versus tabletop wargame...

With that said, I will not be even remotely surprised if this is successful that they'll put out an expansion pack for 2vs2 / 1vs2 like they did with star wars lcg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

How so?

Although I would love a solo variant too. I am also curious how the quoted poster arrived at 40k=co op. Seeing as it gets it's roots from a fairly intricate versus tabletop wargame...

With that said, I will not be even remotely surprised if this is successful that they'll put out an expansion pack for 2vs2 / 1vs2 like they did with star wars lcg.

Maybe they were thinking of Space Hulk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually probably thinking more Space Marine Faction A (say Ultramarines) teaming up with another Space Marine Chapter or Imperial Guard or Eldar against something like Imperial Guard/Orks/Chaos Marines.

I'm curious how this will turn out. While I do wish it went the LCG route that Lord of the Rings did - I don't know who I could convince to try a 40k LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't match the great theme or IP for this game to be Co-op (which for me, at least, equals a do-not-buy).

SO glad they didn't take the lame co-op route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

Huh?! No, it really doesn't Dustin. 40K is a head-to-head tabletop game of massive conflict in a war-torn future. Nothing about that theme leads me to think of cooperation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like some multiplayer rules integrated from the beginning, but i'm fine with 1vs1. In the end W40k is all about war ^_^
Should it be co-op and would become a no buy for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with a lot of posters here, if this were co-op, I'd be out. 40k is all about head to head warfare, anything else would have felt weird to me.

I'm excited to check this game out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Co-op games are fine, but I don't like them as LCGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m thinking more of 4 players game like Game of thrones! at the end in the grim future there is only WAR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I can see FFG going the Invasion way and releasing a multiplyer box expansion for Conquest. That would be awesome.

Solo gameplay would be nice too even though I can't get to playing solo games, it would still be nice.

Or maby Team versus mode? 2v2? Would also be nice but the alliances would feel even more weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Luisjoey wrote:
I´m thinking more of 4 players game like Game of thrones! at the end in the grim future there is only WAR!

If you're aching for a multiplayer lcg, ehm card game, there's a new one coming up in august
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomtown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HEY! Toq! Nice to see you over here! How's it been? Still playing W:I my friend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

I'm pretty sure this was meant as sarcasm. If so, that big *whooosh* sound you heard flying over your head was it.

If not, I got nothing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.