The Dark Valley» Forums » Rules

Subject: Port retreat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can units who start adjacent to a friendly port move one hex into the port and then use the port retreat or is it limited to units that start in the port before combat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted raicer
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
only those that start in the port.

ted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pat cristy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hummmm! Answer to the question I was just pondering. Was about to decide on a "Dunkirk" rule. Seems reasonable with a Corp covering withdraw.

Turn 4 and Russian's getting their butt kicked. Kiev down, Leningrad and Moscow in deep trouble. Couldn't afford to reinforce Odessa. Only a the 3-4 Crimea Corp in Odessa. Germans played move, then drew combat on 2nd round. 2-1 and the Romanian's take out a full Army (this rule). I've always tried to avoid this situation since I wasn't sure on the rule.

This game is the best I've done with the Germans on the campaign. Will likely result in an decisive victory. But........... Dunkirk like rule??? Maybe... if retreating one hex into a port occupied, retreating unit can use port evacuation or lose a step and evacuate?

Your thoughts Ted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.