Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually try to play all games to the letter of the rules. But for 1775, there is one change I made, perhaps because I don't understand the thinking behind the original rule. Before the first turn, you draw a cube out of the bag and that side can place 4 units of each color into places where they have a cube of that color or an ally. Then the other side places 4 of each color.
Why?
I started drawing all four cubes out of the bag, which each player/color placing 4 units as their cubes of drawn. Is there anything "wrong" with doing it this way? What was the thinking behind 4/4 and then 4/4 instead of 4/4/4/4?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with doing it your way.

Our design thinking was it would be simpler for teams to place their starting reinforcements at the same time.

We didn't see any great advantages to doing one faction at a time. The slight downside was longer setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I rather like doing it one at a time, in the hope that they sides will alternate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow! I totally missed this setup rule! How did I manage that?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Stirling
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

Oops, me too blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
sepulchrave wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

Oops, me too blush
me too.... again! This really isn't staying in my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These 4 units are part of the set-up correct? So then when you start the game, turn 1, you also get 4 reinforcements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Arta
Epirus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.