Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording on Maxwell Burke has me a bit confused. It says Action: Discard this card to gain +2 attack dice this round.

Would Max Burke gain +2 attack dice on each eligible target and both shots when used in conjunction with Missile Launchers? What about with the special ability on the Koranak? Energy Dissipation and the follow up shot? Secondary Torpedo Launchers?

I *THINK* that it would apply in all cases. But there's no official ruling in the FAQ, and did not want to point someone in the wrong direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
Actually it's the same as Scotty.
So think of it as you get two physical attack dice that you can use in any attacks that round, but once you use one or both they are gone and can not be used for any further attacks that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording is the same as Scotty: '2 dice'. Whenever I see dice, I assume its that number of dice total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdt784 wrote:
The wording is the same as Scotty: '2 dice'. Whenever I see dice, I assume its that number of dice total.

When an effect says 'this round', that is the terminology that defines it as a single-use bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Romero
United States
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Question: if the captain is discarded for the 2 extra dice, does the ship attack at skill 1 instead of 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DoggieMon wrote:
Question: if the captain is discarded for the 2 extra dice, does the ship attack at skill 1 instead of 2?

I can't remember off the top of my head if it's 1 or 0, but yes, the captain skill is reduced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
I think it would be a '1' captain attack, as when you go to the next phase of game play (attack) you create a new 'stack' of attack order. So, yes, he gets the extra dice at the cost of attacking near last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Yup. The consequence of discarding your captain is that your captain skill would become 1.

In addition, if you had an elite talent (say through the use of a flagship), iinm you would no longer be able to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
docvulcan wrote:
So think of it as you get two physical attack dice that you can use in any attacks that round, but once you use one or both they are gone and can not be used for any further attacks that round.

I'm not sure about this. I've always understood it as the bonus applying to the first applicable situation. So it would only apply to Secondary Torp Launchers if that is the first attack you make that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
docvulcan wrote:

I'm not sure about this. I've always understood it as the bonus applying to the first applicable situation. So it would only apply to Secondary Torp Launchers if that is the first attack you make that round.

Effects which grant bonus dice can be used at the player's discretion. If you have multiple attacks, you can opt to reserve some of your bonus dice for later attacks. Dice penalties must be incurred on the first applicable situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.