19 Posts

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1st game questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) What range of Claudio's Heroic charge? Is it strongly "1" or its "0-1"?
2) Can i choose 2 Genestealers from one swarm and 1 Genestealers from another swarm (all in range) when i use Claudio's Heroic charge?
3) When i played attack action card with Zael or Leon and i am take the event card, that allows me to attack imediatly with any marine, can i use the special abilitys of Zael or Leon?
4) Will the Counter attack ability work for both sides of marine, like Block ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:

It specifically mentions with 1 range, that means 0-1.
Daimond wrote:
2) Can i choose 2 Genestealers from one swarm and 1 Genestealers from another swarm (all in range) when i use Claudio's Heroic charge?

Yes.
Daimond wrote:

3) When i played attack action card with Zael or Leon and i am take the event card, that allows me to attack imediatly with any marine, can i use the special abilitys of Zael or Leon?

No, the card says one attack, that means one regular die roll.
Daimond wrote:

4) Will the Counter attack ability work for both sides of marine, like Block ability?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:

0-1

Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

No, just a basic attack with either of the characters. The special ability only happens when resolving the attack during the action phase.

Quote:

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:

No,this got fixed in the faqs. You only get 1 regular attack from 1 of your space marine. Thematically it doesnt make sense, but mechanically, it means that you are not destroying swarms left and right.

To be fair, you could house rule this and use it as special ability. When I play solo and I am facing too many genestealers, I sometimes make the executive decision that Zael WILL use his flamer rather than his bolt pistol to shoot those damn things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx, mans. Another one question:
5) About Deino special ability "when moving, shuffle back some genestealers engaged with him into the smaller blip pile". Does it means, that i must shuffle ALL requiring genestealers to ONE smallest deck? For example if i have decks with 4 and 5 cards before ability and i must shuffle 3 cards, after ability it will be 7 and 5 cards decks? And what i must do, if two decks have the same amount of cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuffle them back into the smallest blip pile. If the two piles are equal I think you choose which pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
While we're asking and answering questions here, I have one as well:

Is there an official rule on how to select the "smallest blip pile" when both piles are equal or one pile has zero? I couldn't find anything in the rule book or here in the forums.

Edit: ninja'd (sort of)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
Is there an official rule on how to select the "smallest blip pile" when both piles are equal or one pile has zero?

If one pile has zero? Why would you use this ability to forfeit the opportunity to travel before the genestealer attack phase? If you do use it, the genestealers certainly do go into the zero pile.

If both piles are equal, my house rule is to shuffle them into the blip pile on the side of the formation that flanks the greatest number of my marines. If that's still a tie, it doesn't much matter where they go, one pile or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
lSweetJusticel wrote:
Is there an official rule on how to select the "smallest blip pile" when both piles are equal or one pile has zero?

If one pile has zero? Why would you use this ability to forfeit the opportunity to travel before the genestealer attack phase?

Last night I played Intimidation to buy myself some time in location 4, and one of the piles was empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets continue… Now about the Event cards.
6) Don't know what name of card in english, but the text says "Discard all support tokens from each marine that fight with swarm (or swarms)". What swarms i must to count? Swarms in front of marine, swarms in front and behind or swarms in attack range of each marine? or something else?
7) Don't know what the name of card in english (sorry, the Russian localization of the game very poor), but text says "If you have a door near marines you must put two support tokens on it". The door may be just in front of marine or in front/behind?
8) Don't have idea what name of card in english, but text says " Instinct: choose a battle squad that does not played Attack card in this round. This squad cannot playing Attack card in the next round too". Is it means that this squad have only one action card to play in the next round? (They cannot play attack card and they cannot play last round played card, right?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 6) A space marine is engaged with a swarm when it is in the front or behind the space marine. That's all.

If your space marine has no "genestealers" in front or behind him, he is not engaged.

For 7) and 8) I will look at my cards later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
포크
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7) I think you refer to the red teams' Move & Activate card. That card allows you to put 2 support tokens on the Door terrain card instead of just 1 when you activate it. To activate the Door, your marine must face it.
edit: Looked through the event deck and you possibly mean the Secret Route card. That one lets you place two support tokens on a Door card, but has 2 major spawns in return. You can put those 2 support tokens on the Door (if there is one), regardless of your marines' facing.
8) right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8) Yeah, Gun Jam sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
Carthoris wrote:
If one pile has zero? Why would you use this ability to forfeit the opportunity to travel before the genestealer attack phase?

Last night I played Intimidation to buy myself some time in location 4, and one of the piles was empty.

Ha! I don't spend enough time in location 4 for that possibility to occur to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another very basic question:
9) If i choose a move action and move one squad member to location of another member of this squad - do it count for two marines move action or just one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
Another very basic question:
9) If i choose a move action and move one squad member to location of another member of this squad - do it count for two marines move action or just one?

Just the one who initiated the move. The other member gets to make his own move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10) When the grey team was used Psyonic field ability on the swarm, can i reshuffle to the blip pile this swarm with blue team move ability?
11) Question about Dark Catacombs card - From what pile i wll must spawn a Genestealer behind marine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
10) When the grey team was used Psyonic field ability on the swarm, can i reshuffle to the blip pile this swarm with blue team move ability?

Yes, because you aren't 'slaying' the Genestealers.

Quote:
11) Question about Dark Catacombs card - From what pile i wll must spawn a Genestealer behind marine?

You spawn from the pile that is behind the marine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
Daimond wrote:

No, just a basic attack with either of the characters. The special ability only happens when resolving the attack during the action phase.
Sorry to dig this up, but where did you read this from? I'm trying to figure it out because it's the only rule that I still can't quite get and it happened to me last game (my 3rd game) so it got me thinking. Why can't you use your special attack with the Quick Instincts card (assuming you selected the Atack action that turn, for that specific team)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.