Subject: Range of HQ reorg rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Harned
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the reorganisation phase and the Manstein HQ is 3 hexes away from a unit in the forrest. The two open hexes between Manstein and the unit are also forrest hexes. The weather is clear. Can Manstein reorganize the unit?

The rule (11.18.2) reads that the reorganisation range is calculated by the reorg value in MOT MPs. So to reach the hex to be reorganized would take 6 MPs (each forrest hex is 2MPs for MOT move). However, a MOT unit could technically reach the hex, but would flip upon entering. So again, can Manstein reorg the unit even though it is 6 MPs away?

I would say "yes" since a MOT unit can reach the hex, but I can see where the lack of the full 6MPs could mean "no".

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My understanding is that no, you can't - if you're not in range, you're not in range, just like an aircraft can't fly that extra half-hex on the Pacific map. The rules explicitly allow you to reorganize adjacent hexes even if they exceed the range, but make no such allowance for beyond that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Harned
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah! I find your logic to be flawless.

Guess I'll try to keep out of the forrest.

Thanks for the quick reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.