Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat possible right after healing from bleeding status? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If a bleeding agent uses a device to heal, does he immediately become able to also attack or is that option lost from starting the turn bleeding?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, if the agent removes the bleeding condition, he is able to performs his combat activity as normal.

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
... and another one

Bleeding will not deny the agent from rolling for GD-Wings, right? So the agent could recover from bleeding by getting promoted to elite agent, right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Ferreira
Brazil
flag msg tools
that would be an awesome event, but I think a very rare one.

In my experience, with the current alien AI mechanics in play, and the lack of a taunt, a bleeding agent is pretty much toast. I thinkg We have managed to save one in about 8 games we've played.

not being able to disengage or kill off the aliens, and the aliens always attacking the most wounded agent on a tie for targets, you are out of luck.

In my opinion a bleeding agent should be considered harmless in regards to targeting , that way another agent could "draw the aliens fire" and the guy could be saved.

(for those who played XCOM, that is what happens there with the bleeding out timer)

If no other agents are in sight, though, the aliens finish off the poor guy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
murks666 wrote:
... and another one

Bleeding will not deny the agent from rolling for GD-Wings, right? So the agent could recover from bleeding by getting promoted to elite agent, right?


Ha!

I just finished a game two hours ago where i managed to gain the skill that ignores the bleeding effect, while I was actually bleeding.
So I managed to get back on my feet and kill the alien that wounded me... Just in time to face defeat as we got to the 11th round and only had a single teleport point destroyed.
But it still felt epic
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
murks666 wrote:
So the agent could recover from bleeding by getting promoted to elite agent, right?


I always played that you didn't heal when promoted. Is this true though, that you fully heal when you become an elite agent during the mission?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
murks666 wrote:
So the agent could recover from bleeding by getting promoted to elite agent, right?


I always played that you didn't heal when promoted. Is this true though, that you fully heal when you become an elite agent during the mission?


No, promoting the agent doesn't affect the number of wound tokens on them (although it will add an energy shield, for a little bit more defense against the next attack). Similarly, you don't get to choose new tactics/skills when you flip the sheet; all the tokens on the agent persist across the level-up.

This ain't no easy-peasy RPG where you get a full heal just for learning a new trick or two.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
murks666 wrote:
So the agent could recover from bleeding by getting promoted to elite agent, right?


I always played that you didn't heal when promoted. Is this true though, that you fully heal when you become an elite agent during the mission?


No, promoting the agent doesn't affect the number of wound tokens on them (although it will add an energy shield, for a little bit more defense against the next attack). Similarly, you don't get to choose new tactics/skills when you flip the sheet; all the tokens on the agent persist across the level-up.

This ain't no easy-peasy RPG where you get a full heal just for learning a new trick or two.


Yeah, that's the way I've always played it. What made me ask is that Simone thumbed his post!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Yeah, that's the way I've always played it. What made me ask is that Simone thumbed his post!


Weird, I didn't even notice that; hopefully he'll chime in with a clarification.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some characters recieve additional life points when being promoted IIRC. Thus while the wounds stay the same the maximum wounds allowed raises, thus unbleeding the agent. At least this is how I understand it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Thus while the wounds stay the same the maximum wounds allowed raises, thus unbleeding the agent. At least this is how I understand it.

That's an assumption though unless you can find that in the rules?

I'm surprised this hasn't come up before, Maybe because most agents die before reaching elite! Haha
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't feel that its an assumption. If the character does indeed have his/her max HP raised due to leveling, then the wounds that carried over would no longer be enough to cause bleeding. Bleeding isn't caused by "X amount of wounds", rather it is caused by "max HP - X wounds = 0" And even if it is the former, the value of X is determined by the agent in question, which means that if an agent, who has 9 wound tokens, goes from 9 max HP to 10 max HP somehow, the value of X would also go from 9 to 10. Therefore the character is no longer bleeding.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Some characters recieve additional life points when being promoted IIRC. Thus while the wounds stay the same the maximum wounds allowed raises, thus unbleeding the agent. At least this is how I understand it.


Good call! I'd forgotten about the HP bump for many agents.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are right of course correct. I was reading it as you would heal wounds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.