Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Koziey
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its my first SCS game and I've decided to play Hell's Highway solo to get a feel for things.

1 - Air Strikes - Allies get strikes south of Waal which is where this scenario takes place. The Setup does not mention air strikes just arty ammo. I'm assuming that the Allies have airstrikes and the Germans do not??

2 - Road March - I want to confirm my understanding. I could deploy from entry hex/area using Road March. This would effectively mean that I would end up with a line of units along the road behind the first unit stopping point. After the Barrage phase these units could be re-grouped using their normal MA.

3 - In the INS specific rules the seq is Reinf, Road March, Barrage, Movement. In the SCS basic rules reinforcements come in during the movement phase. During Reinf units are allowed to be overstacked. Some could move during Road March but they will not get to do so until the Movement phase. In this case are arty units able to barrage during the Barrage phase even if they are overstacked. I'm not sure if I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill! The SCS rules say that overstacking needs to be resolved at the end of the each phase 4.0a but I don't see how this is always possible with the INS phase sequence.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alberto Molina
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I'm not an exepert of the SCS system, but we are playing now the historical campaign and I think I can answer some points.

1.- In your scenario germans don't have air support, as the german air strikes all allong the campaign are always just north of Waal river.

2.- Ok, you are right, that's (I think ) because you put your reinforcement units before movement, in oreder to use "road march", but remember one important point, bridges stop your road march!.

Hope it helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.