Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:

Quote:
Yawning Chasm
When you place your pawn on the Yawning Chasm, you may perform a Desperate Act against any Encounter card in play. To do this, spend Courage tokens to
immediately overcome an Encounter in any other Location and place that card in your score pile, returning any resource tokens on that Location to the supply. The number of Courage tokens paid to activate this Location Action is equal to the value in Ancient Secrets shown on the Encounter you
overcome using this Location Action.
(You may still perform a Desperate Act at your current Location during the Desperation phase.)

I'm pretty sure I understand the action on this location.
However, I'm unclear of what value this action is.
Can anyone present a circumstance under which it would be advantageous to use this location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Zyl
South Africa
cape town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the more powerful location actions in the game - with this action it is possible to Overcome 2 Encounter cards in a single turn. (ie. An Encounter on another Location using Courage tokens, and the Encounter at the Chasm, using Courage tokens or dice and resources.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If u fail the encounter on this space,
but have completed one elsewhere, do u
suffer the Terrible Thing effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Zyl
South Africa
cape town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:
If u fail the encounter on this space,
but have completed one elsewhere, do u
suffer the Terrible Thing effect?

Yes. If there is an Encounter at your Location during the Terrible Thing phase you take Terrible Thing token, and discard the Encounter to the Rumours pile. (rulebook pg.8;5.1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.