Popular Tags: [View All]
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my set today and the confusion set in immediately now that I can clearly view all the cards. I stopped reading comics years ago but love LEGENDARY mostly from the nostalgia I have for those series. From what I remember and what's in "Paint the Town RED" has me totally confused. Maybe someone out there can help me match these new Heroes to the correct theme.
1) Wasn't Spiderwoman an Avenger? Now she's a Spider Friend. WUWT? (What's Up With That)
2) Symbiote Spiderman? Huh? Is this the suit while Spidey was wearing it or is it Eddie Brock or Flash Thompson, both who could easily fit into the Villain Groups NOT a "Spider Friend". WUWT?
3) Scarlet Spider. Is it the clone Ben Reilly or Kaine? Is this Patrick with the suit from Tony Stark (not what the artwork suggests at all). I could see him as a Secret Avenger but a Spider Friend? WUWT?
4) I REALLY would have liked to see another Spiderman but with the Marvel Knights Logo to add him to that team (Like they did with Wolverine: X-Men/X-Force). They could have given the new Spidey the "Wall Crawl" ability. WUWT?
5) Where is Dr. Strange for the Marvel Knights?
6) Aha! Moon Knight was actually in the Marvel Knights so no problem here but Black Cat as a Spider Friend? Wasn't she a thief and hired assassin for Kingpin? She was also a love interest for Spidey so I'll let this slide.

IMO this is a better set than Fantastic Four (hated the Hero artwork and super emphasis on "Focus") but no where near Dark City (best set by far). At least I can use Carnage and Mysterio vs. the Marvel Knights. Anyway, I'd love someone to fill me in as to how this all makes sense thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2) It's Spider-man. You can tell by his build, the look of the costume, and the name.

3) It's Kaine. Again, based on the costume and the wrist stingers. (Though whoever drew him with spider sense was confused; he lost that ability by the time he became the Scarlet Spider.)

6) Black Cat and Spidey have teamed up often over the years. They were partners on and off as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know how there's a Marvel multiverse? Old school Marvel is Earth-616 and Ultimates is Earth-1610? Well, just think of Legendary as another timeline, distinct from Earth-616 and Earth-1610. It's kind of a melding of various timelines, including the Marvel movies.

In this timeline, Spider-Woman is based in NYC and she's friends with Spider-Man. They've teamed up a lot over the years, so she's a Spider-Friend. Spider-Man also shared his web-shooters tech with Spider-Woman, too, apparently, based on the box cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Spider-Man also shared his web-shooters tech with Spider-Woman, too, apparently, based on the box cover.

Wow, I completely missed that. Now I'll never be able to miss it again. shake

People complained about the art style in FF (I thought it was okay), but the art inaccuracy in this one is killing me. From what I've been able to see online (my copy should arrive next week), there's one Spider-Woman card art, Bioelectric Shock, that looks like it has nothing to do with the power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so "Spider Friends" aren't really a group but just one-time friends with Spidey. So, if Symbiote Spiderman is actually Peter Parker then thematically you shouldn't use him with Spiderman (same person). I just say it's Eddie Brock so it makes sense to play both.

They're all fun to play as we played it 4 times last night and found out how hard it is to beat Mysterio! We lost 2 schemes against him before barely prevailing in "Spider DNA". I use the "Final Blow" Challenge Mode so we actually had to beat him 12 times!!!

I really do wish they included a 2nd Spiderman with a Marvel Knights logo instead of Symbiote Spiderman. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just house-rule it.

While it may screw things up for balance purposes, and I assume they'd add a Knights version of him at some point, there's no reason you can't playtest him as a MK despite just having a Spider Friends logo.

Guess he could also get a West Coast Avengers tag, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Just house-rule it. ;

Speaking of that, I've been playing a series of games that someone posted here and I can't find it here to get his name. It starts with "SILVER AGE Schemes" then progresses to "ICE AGE" and then to "RECENT". Has anyone seen this posted? Please forward me a link if you have, I've looked and looked and can't re-find it. I highly recommend it, we play the scenarios then determine which handicaps to use and it's really fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.