Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ahnger-Pier
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the storage for this game? Is it nice like Sentinels where all the expansions fit in the base box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langston
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG just recently announced that they will be releasing a "Special Edition" box that will supposedly fit ALL of their expansions (including upcoming ones) into one box. I believe that it's supposed to be hitting store this summer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I own all three expansions. While you cannot fit each in their own separate slot, you can still easily combine a couple factions in one slot. I've combined my Science Fiction Double Feature factions to fit in two slots and my Obligatory Cthulhu factions to fit in two slots as well which lets the rest of the factions have their own space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ahnger-Pier
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, guess I should hold off buying it then? Or I'll just get the base+9000+SciFi. That should all fit based on the pictures I can find, and I'm not interested in Cthulu anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Paine wrote:
Hmm, guess I should hold off buying it then? Or I'll just get the base+9000+SciFi. That should all fit based on the pictures I can find, and I'm not interested in Cthulu anyway.

This game is currently my favourite card/board game so I highly recommend getting it. Storage really isn't much of a problem but if it bothers you to combine decks in one slot, definitely leave out the Cthulhu expansion. It's probably the least necessary. The factions from 9000 and SFDF all have unique elements they bring to the table that aren't present in Cthulhu (moving other minions, searching your deck for minions, discarding, play on base actions, play on minion actions, copying other minions abilities or power, replaying played cards, and manipulating your deck). Cthulhu factions are mostly a mishmash of various other factions and include Madness cards which the Cthulhu factions interact with. Now I still enjoy some of the actions and minions brought to the table with Cthulhu but it's definitely the first one I would recommend someone leaving out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ahnger-Pier
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhatAChamp wrote:
Paine wrote:

This game is currently my favourite card/board game so I highly recommend getting it. Storage really isn't much of a problem but if it bothers you to combine decks in one slot, definitely leave out the Cthulhu expansion. It's probably the least necessary. The factions from 9000 and SFDF all have unique elements they bring to the table that aren't present in Cthulhu (moving other minions, searching your deck for minions, discarding, play on base actions, play on minion actions, copying other minions abilities or power, replaying played cards, and manipulating your deck). Cthulhu factions are mostly a mishmash of various other factions and include Madness cards which the Cthulhu factions interact with. Now I still enjoy some of the actions and minions brought to the table with Cthulhu but it's definitely the first one I would recommend someone leaving out.

I think I'll take your advice. I'm not sure I need more than 2 expansions anyway, so everything fitting nicely in the base box with 9000+SciFi seems solid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bade game + 9000 + Science all fits in the base box (sleeved) but that doesn't left any room for the tokens. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ahnger-Pier
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpig72 wrote:
Bade game + 9000 + Science all fits in the base box (sleeved) but that doesn't left any room for the tokens. cry

Good thing I don't sleeve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First, throw out the plastic insert for the main box. Then throw out or shelf the expansion boxes. Purchase 100 3"x 5" zip bags for $3. Fit all of the card decks neatly into the baggies. Great solution and makes room for hundreds of factions. They all pour out onto the table for easy selection and stay organized when shelving the vertically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ahnger-Pier
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrGurbic wrote:
First, throw out the plastic insert for the main box. Then throw out or shelf the expansion boxes. Purchase 100 3"x 5" zip bags for $3. Fit all of the card decks neatly into the baggies. Great solution and makes room for hundreds of factions. They all pour out onto the table for easy selection and stay organized when shelving the vertically.

This is the most practical solution, but I like the aesthetics of inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Paine wrote:
MrGurbic wrote:

This is the most practical solution, but I like the aesthetics of inserts.

I did too until I realized they never stayed organized. Everytime I opened the box I had to unscramble every faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like making everything as small as possible, both for travel and for home storage reasons (ie- my wife is only letting me buy as many games as I can fit onto one bookshelf. Needless to say, my boxes are getting pretty dense...

Anyway, base game + 9000 + SciFi all fits into 1 smaller expansion box, easily. I just put each deck inside a single large card sleeve (I think Tarot size, with a little cut off the top?) I even put a little printed title card and description as the first card on each deck so it's easy for people to look through the decks and pick one.

The box is pretty close to full now, though... I'm glad I have no interest in the Cathulu expansion. Might be trouble if they come out with another one I want.

[Edit:] Oh, I guess I should mention that in combining everything down to the smaller box, I ditched the base game manual, and just keep the expansion 9000 manual in there, since it's smaller and has all the rules, in a slightly briefer form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vorpal Greatsword
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own. http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/115468/item/3127117#item31...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Powers

Atlanta
Georgia
msg tools
To fit mine with sleeves I just cut out the bottom part of the insert and left the slots, this made them a bit wider so sleeved cards fit more easily and could go lower which allowed the box to close.

With 18 slots I have 16 for factions (no Cthulu) and then 1 slot for bases and 1 slot is taken up by the tokens. Works wonders until they come out with the Vampire/Werewolf faction(s). I would also do cartwheels if there was an entire expansion based on Discworld, but thats just a dream that will never come true

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I put 2 faction decks face-to-face in each slot. This still leaves one corner of the box available to put the bag of victory tokens.

I have the first 2 expansions (Cthulhu and Awesome 9000). There's probably room for at least 1 more expansion using this method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put a custom foamboard insert in the standard box, but only really managed to make it so the base+al9k+oc fit neatly (Including box of point tokens and custom selector cards, all sleeved). I had hoped to create enough space for SFDF but messed it up. Might have to give it another shot & rejig things!

I think a nice solution would be some tight-fitting deck-boxes for the factions if anyone cared to design them, and just throw them loose in the box ^^>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Smoothsmith wrote:
I put a custom foamboard insert in the standard box, but only really managed to make it so the base+al9k+oc fit neatly (Including box of point tokens and custom selector cards, all sleeved). I had hoped to create enough space for SFDF but messed it up. Might have to give it another shot & rejig things!

I think a nice solution would be some tight-fitting deck-boxes for the factions if anyone cared to design them, and just throw them loose in the box ^^>

The only problem with redesigning your box again is that there will be another expansion come September. I know that some people enjoy customizing their box to make it fit all the factions, but I feel like I'm just going to wait around for the large box they release over the summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've drafted a post of the very same topic 3 times over the past week and never was able to complete it due to being interrupted, ha!

I was wondering the same and I actually just ordered all 3 expansions this morning so it is somewhat annoying knowing there will be a new set this summer that would fit them all. I also have to unscramble the decks when I open the box since I store it vertically!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also tossed the plastic insert from the base game and use the original game box to store everything. I own two copies of the base game, Awesome Lvl 9000 and Cthulu all sleeved (with 'Dragon Shield' sleeves). The VP counters are just dumped in the middle of the box along with one of the smaller rule books. I printed the dividers hosted here on bgg to organize everything. The box doesn't close completely with the dividers adding about a quarter inch. I should be able to fit SFDF and another expansion if I take out all the original bases from the core sets I own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Fuller
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too altered the box insert.

First I had simply cut out the bottom of the tray slots to allow for sleeved cards. This gave me room until I picked up SFDF (no OCS for me) and my box was filled with no room for tokens, etc.

So just yesterday I took the utility knife to the insert again, this time completely removing the dividers for the cards and created to large "wells" just the right size for the cards. Then I reinforced the insert with gaffers tape. Using the dividers here, now ALL of my factions fit on one side (with room for bases or a few more factions) and I have another entire side for 16(!) other factions, tokens and such.

I really like to keep the original boxes and hate alternating the insert but sometimes it needs it to fit everything and it comes out better in the end; Last Night on Earth taught me that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.