Popular Tags: [View All]
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MeepleSource.com is offering a range of so called minimeeples, 12mm counter parts to our 16mm staple of gaming population indicator which have been used in the travel edition of Carcassonne. When the CharacterMeeple Kickstarter endet i wanted some of their regular range too, so i stumbled upon these cuties. Now my idea: What about an expansion where every player gets 3-4 minimeeples. These minimeeples are not restricted to the placement restrictions among themselves, meaning you can place a minimeeple into an unfinished city when there is already one or more other minimeeples present. Here comes the catch: 3 minimeeples together form a regular meeple. So if one player manages to get 3 minimeeples into a city and close it off, he can score the city for himself. Any one else with only 1 or 2 minimeeple gets nothing. Minimeeples do not interact with regular meeples as long as there are fewer than 3 of them. That means you can place a minimeeple in a city with a regular meeple already in it and vice versa. When there are 3 minimeeples and one regular meeple in a closed city, the 3 Minimeeple count as one regular.

This is totally untested since my minimeeples have to arrive first of all. But what do you think of this dear reader?
Any comment is greatly appreciated!
FH

PS: I also bought there SuperMegaMeeple-Set (24mm) and 1 of the Colossal Meeple (118mm). I am still thinking about a usage for them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Reynolds
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'd be willing to try it, and I don't tend to like variants of any sort in games.
As to what would happen. My expectation is that it would make people a lot more inclined to close of their cities early instead of building them up. But that's not actually something that happens a great deal in my games anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am discussing the number of minimeeples per player (with myself, gives some bias opinions but the only option atm) I ordered 4, but i think i should raise to 6-8 to let the meeple be more disposable. Other idea would be, that the mm's can be picked up instead of placing a meeple, or even let the meeple be moveable to the next tile...
I will have to playtest that
FH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestion: For every four mini-meeples, leave one regular meeple out of a player's stock.

For example, my group normally plays with most/all of the expansions, so we get 7 meeples per player. Using your variant, implementing my suggestion, each player would have:

6 meeples + 4 mini-meeples or
5 meeples + 8 mini-meeples, etc.

Placing 3 mini-meeples on a feature counts as one regular meeple; thus, a 4-to-1 ratio of pieces allows for some flexibility/"disposability" in placing the mini-meeples.

Just my
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.