13 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Upgraded Loot Coins? (the dreaded addion of orange ^,..,^) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you KS the project you get cool exclusive metal coins for your loot bag YAY. But my question is, once they start adding orange (and what ever even higher tear items to the game though expansion) will there be orange metal coins we can buy to add to the white, green and blue ones we already have?

My thought is, no they will not. In which case ill be sad to have an orange one added to my bag as ill have to remove all my lovely metal coins and replace them with the chips versions that come with the base game (which i will have to keep and not use just for this)

I understand no one may have an answer other then the creators them self but i would like to know your guys opinion on the mater as well as suggestions on what you guys plan to do about it when the time comes for your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll probably be part of the expansion kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:

Either this, or orange items may only be award through some other means (such as quest rewards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cozzolino
United States
Lebanon
Virginia
flag msg tools
Fade2Gray wrote:
Frankysan wrote:

Either this, or orange items may only be award through some other means (such as quest rewards).

Probably this.
Twighlight Knight comes with an orange weapon. I just wonder if they make it a rare drop for those boss or quests. Say you have to roll a specific symbol or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vazzucious wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:
Frankysan wrote:

Probably this.
Twighlight Knight comes with an orange weapon. I just wonder if they make it a rare drop for those boss or quests. Say you have to roll a specific symbol or something.

That would be nice if there just given by quest so you do not need to add it to your loot bag. Personally that's how id like it anyways as it would be kinda silly if you got an orange drop from a grubber ^,..,^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, rolling for loot. Just one more way to make this game just like an MMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think orange will probably be Quest only items, as some have said above.

The metal coins are nice, though I wish they matched in color and not just the symbol.

They are, however, waaay better than the initial pictures during the KS. Anyone remember how they looked to be anodized aluminum in bright colors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
Ah, rolling for loot. Just one more way to make this game just like an MMO.

Ha. You already do roll for loot if there is a Hoards on your combined tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Just so I'm sure I know what you guys are talking about, the upgraded Treasure coins are the metal ones with Bronze Helmets, Silver Shields and Gold Swords? Only asking because you guys are saying White, Green and Blue metal coins... which I don't have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaeu Li
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So they will be made of platinum then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mojobacca wrote:
Just so I'm sure I know what you guys are talking about, the upgraded Treasure coins are the metal ones with Bronze Helmets, Silver Shields and Gold Swords? Only asking because you guys are saying White, Green and Blue metal coins... which I don't have.

Yes, they're the ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mojobacca wrote:

The metal coins with helmets match the white treasure tokens from the base game. The shields match the green tokens. Neither of the tokens match the backs of the decks, but the item deck backs get more ornate from white to green to blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Nabbit
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Trust that you are beautiful.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it easy to translate white->green->blue to bronze->silver->gold. They're both fairly standard (at this point) rarity scales.

By the time Orange items are added to the bag, if they ever even are since most of them will likely be quest rewards, you will probably have zero white/bronze tokens left and can just recycle them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.