Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, as you already know, people
badge
Everything happens so much
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered the Master Set box, and I'm thinking I'll be getting a lot of the extra factions and expansions. Does everything that's been released fit in the Master Set box? How does everyone keep their stuff?

This thing looks snazzy: http://go7gaming.com/summoner-wars-insert/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
There are different versions of the box old and new, significantly the insert or lack of.

My understanding (someone correct me if I am wrong!) is the original insert has been removed in favour of an 'open plan' approach and overall smaller more orthodox box size.

If you plan on owning everything this newer box is probably better. The old insert while great, now isn't really fit for purpose if you own everything (I'm close to removing it). So yes, I believe currently everything should fit in but you might want to customise it a bit - there are some very nice files in the file section to create dividers in the new box.

Chatter:
Master Set - Why was the box layout changed?

As for your linked insert Plaid Hat Games endorsed it and even issued a press release for it.

For the record we are inching closer to the second summoners for the Master Set which I think is going to be a major crowd pleaser. Exciting times lay ahead - Come on Shadow Elves and Sand Goblins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Collins
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, as you already know, people
badge
Everything happens so much
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers, that's really helpful - I had seen the first edition Master Set, but hadn't seen how it compares to the second edition one.

I'd forgotten that Plaid Hat Games endorsed that insert, so I'll take that as a vote of confidence that it'll suit any immediate expansions as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own insert.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1932701/summoner-wars-master-...

It's good for now, but once I get a few more second summoner sets I'll have to go to another box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the original box, and with no modifications it holds everything I've got and I've got it all except for the latest couple of second summoners.

It definitely won't hold everything once all the factions have their second summoners, but when it gets to that point I'm going to get deck boxes for each faction and throw out the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got all the sets sleeved with the larger MS box. I bag each faction in a plastic baggie and just kind of wrap it around itself. Half of them fit in the box while the other half fit inside a shoe box size plastic container. I would use a large card box, but since you don't have to pick out certain cards like Netrunner it is easier to just have them all bagged together.

Point is, I had to abandon elegant storage some time ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own absolutely everything and I fit it all in the master box, but I do place the cards vertically into the insert using small pieces of foam to separate the factions. It's getting tight, but it works. The Mercenary deck is out of control!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.