Popular Tags: [View All]
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone find it odd to have a blue treasure for the Skald in the base game? It seems to be a wasted card for those that didn't purchase the optional hero. I haven't seen this discussed anywhere yet. Do I have card that should be in the treasure expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a quest focused around the War Drums and probably future unreleased quests focused around them since the current quest doesn't chain to anything yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nkelsch wrote:
There is a quest focused around the War Drums and probably future unreleased quests focused around them since the current quest doesn't chain to anything yet.

Ok.

That still doesn't explain an item for an expansion character in the base game. I could see if the item was mainly for the Skald, yet could be used by another character. However, the War Drums are not such an item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I am all for complaining but complaining about getting an extra card in the base game seems pushing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Snyder
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Wilhelm wrote:
nkelsch wrote:

Ok.

That still doesn't explain an item for an expansion character in the base game. I could see if the item was mainly for the Skald, yet could be used by another character. However, the War Drums are not such an item.

The card is likely a result of the layout. Mercs probably had extra space so decided to add a card instead of wasting the real estate.The same goes for the hero tiles that are included for the Trickster and Spriggan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
I am all for complaining but complaining about getting an extra card in the base game seems pushing it.

From my understanding it is not an "extra card". The base game comes with 97 treasure cards. I have 97 treasure cards. If the War Drums were card #98, my original post would have been different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
kraasn wrote:
Mercs probably had extra space so decided to add a card instead of wasting the real estate.

Wouldn't it make more sense to add a card that people can use then, and put the unusable item in the treasure expansion deck? There are items in the expansion deck that are meant for the base game characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Snyder
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thetang22 wrote:
kraasn wrote:
Mercs probably had extra space so decided to add a card instead of wasting the real estate.

Wouldn't it make more sense to add a card that people can use then, and put the unusable item in the treasure expansion deck? There are items in the expansion deck that are meant for the base game characters.

Not necessarily. Cards are printed out in large sheets, cut, and then put together in packs. If there was a free slot in one of those sheets, the guys at MegaCon probably decided to put War Drums in that slot. Sorting one card out per sheet would cost money and time. It's easier to send now. Plus, having an item for something you don't have is incentive to buy that item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fscx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two reasons that they probably added this item 1) Even though you did not get the Skald other people did or will and they built in the loot for this, they knew the figure was being released. 2)It can be sold for gold when you encounter a Merchant after a 6x6 tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.