Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Game-o-Rama
May 22-26, 2014
Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center

BOARD GAMES • ROLEPLAYING GAMES • CARD GAMES
MINIATURES • TOURNAMENTS • SPECIAL EVENTS

Ticket to Ride qualifier for the TtR North American National Championship (winner qualifies to go to Gencon 2014 to play in the North American finals). Other tournaments include Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Eclipse, Small Worlds, 7 Wonders, Agricola, Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar, Eclipse, Duplicate Carcassonne, Power Grid, Runewars,
Lord of Waterdeep. Dedicated Artemis room! RPGs run by S.C.A.R.A.B. with Pathfinder, D&D and more; Magic and HeroClix tournaments with great prizes! Panels include game design and strategy sessions. We continue to plan great events and other cool surprises.

Membership are $50 until April 30 and $60 after, space is limited to 450. Don’t miss out!

http://game-o-rama.com/

--
Ward

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Game-o-Rama
usual suggestion to posts in the geographic region forums... edit base post subject to include location... ie.

"Game-o-Rama, Atlanta GA, May 22-26 2014"

it both draws more attention from folks who are geographically closer (vs. 8 hours like me)... and saves folks like me from from having to click through from our subscriptions and can just "mark read"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Batty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
OK, will do, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Registered, thanks!

Is there going to be a large open-gaming area like Atlanta Game Fest too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Batty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Absolutely. There will be space for folks to bring games for play as well as a library of games. Most tournaments are Friday-Sunday to not leave out folks who are traveling, so there will still be plenty of opportunity for open gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gravitt
United States
Northglenn
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just added this to our calendar at The Boardgame Connection (http://www.meetup.com/The-Board-Game-Connection/ ). Hope to be there. Though my wife said I could go enjoy myself at your last event, she had been to the hospital that week and I didn't feel it wise for me to abandon her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Batty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Hey, John, thanks for adding the event to your calendar. Glad you can make it and I'm sure you have amassed brownie points and good karma for skipping the Fest to look after your wife.

Also, you are welcome to post something about your meetup at my meetup http://www.meetup.com/boardgames-35/ It isn't a large group but we've been around 10 years and the mailing list is several hundred, so there might be interested gamers up your way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Batty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
In addition to the Ticket to Ride Qualifier, Game-o-Rama will host a Settlers of Catan Pre-Qualifier. The winner wins a trip to GenCon to play in the CWC Catan World Championship Qualifier.

The CWC US Qualifier Champion will not only receive a variety of great prizes, but will also be sponsored by Mayfair Games to participate in the 2014 Catan World Championship in Germany!

Details are here:
http://game-o-rama.com/boardgames.html

There is no charge to participate in tournaments for members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very excited about this. I'll be attending from Friday - Sunday. My main purpsoe in attending is to demo and playtest my in-development game, Allegiance. However, I will be joining in on some general board gaming fun too.

If anyone is interested in trying out Allegiance, please let me know and we can coordinate something specific. Otherwise, I'll be in Demo Alley.

Here's some more info about Allegiance:

3-6 players | Ages: 13+ | 25 minutes

Loyalty | Deduction | Deception | Betrayal

You are a priest of a troubled Temple. A Thieves’ Guild has emerged and is challenging your Temple for influence over the land. You must decide whether to work along with your brethren in the fight against the Thieves Guild or betray your brothers and guide the Thieves’ Guild to prominence.

In Allegiance, players use cards to adjust the influence of the Thieves’ Guild and Temple. At the end of the game, the organization with the most influence emerges to prominence. Players begin with an allegiance to the Temple. However, that allegiance can shift during the game as players accrue points that align them with either the Temple or the Thieves’ Guild. All players with allegiance to the Temple win if the Temple has the most influence. One player with allegiance to the Thieves’ Guild wins if the Thieves’ Guild has the most influence.

Will the players maintain allegiance with the Temple and work cooperatively to try to achieve victory? Or will one or more of them turn rogue and align with the Thieves’ Guild in a high-risk, high-reward attempt to win it all?

Components Required to Play

- Rules, 2 pages
- 96 cards

High Resolution Downloads
You can download the PnP components from the BGG entry for the game, or get the high resolution files from the game's website. (BGG limits the file sizes that can be uploaded to the files section of game entries).

mockup of the box

Image from the demos and playtests at Tennessee Game Days

Prototype Components:

Sample cards:

An overview of all the cards in the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sponaugle
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm excited! Lifetime gamer, first time attendee! Looking forward to it! I assume there will be LOTS of "pickup" gaming going on during the convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Torrens
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get a thumbs up for the ambigram, alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Berix wrote:
You get a thumbs up for the ambigram, alone.

Thanks, Sean. The ambigram was designed by Jon Langdon. He's a professor of iconography that designed ambigrams for the Dan Brown novels Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. The main character from those novels (Robert Langdon) was partially inspired by the professor, as evidenced by the similarity of name.

Needless to say, I'm very proud to have his ambigram design for my game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Batty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Hey, Paul, glad you can make it. While we are doing many tournaments, most people will spend most of their time in open gaming. We get a great group and there will be hundreds of games available for play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One last update before I arrive tomorrow:

I will have my playtest / demo copies of Allegiance at Game o Rama from 23 - 25 May.

I'll primarily be there to demo Allegiance, but if you're interested in playing Skirmish Tactics Apocalypse, Allegiance, Quest for the Open Tavern, or Switch & Signal stop by Demo Alley at Game o Rama.

Here's what I'll have with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.