Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am having difficulty in understanding the example on Page 10 of the rules.

Example c1- The Rules state that the player receives 6 VP's. Is this because he has a total of 6 VP's on tucked cards in rows 1 & 2 and 6 BF (4 BF = 1 VP. So 6 x 1? Presumably Row 4 doesn't count as it is not cleared and there are no cards in Row 3.

Example c2- I don't follow why this is 3VP?

Example c4- He has 5 assistant pawns, and 1 VP card. The first 2 assistant pawns don't score, so why is this not 1 x 3 = 3VP? The rules state that this is scored as 6VP.

I am clearly missing something (probably obvious), but would welcome some help please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kredwood wrote:
I am having difficulty in understanding the example on Page 10 of the rules.

Example c1- The Rules state that the player receives 6 VP's. Is this because he has a total of 6 VP's on tucked cards in rows 1 & 2 and 6 BF (4 BF = 1 VP. So 6 x 1? Presumably Row 4 doesn't count as it is not cleared and there are no cards in Row 3.

Example c2- I don't follow why this is 3VP?

Example c4- He has 5 assistant pawns, and 1 VP card. The first 2 assistant pawns don't score, so why is this not 1 x 3 = 3VP? The rules state that this is scored as 6VP.

I am clearly missing something (probably obvious), but would welcome some help please.

I don't have the rules in front of me but hopefully answering c4 will solve the others for you.

Each tucked card add a multiplier to the VP scenario.

In the case of c4 - you will ALWAYS get 1VP get 3+ worker because it is printed on the board. Because the player tucked a card with 1 VP icon on it, he will now score TWO points per 3+ worker, which is why he gets 6VP.

The same goes for the others. Each tucked icon ADDS to the base of 1VP per scenario as a multiplier.

Hopefully this clears things for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Brilliant!
I knew it would be something obvious.
Thanks very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you add up the victory points to the multiplier for that row.

C1. My rules say 5VP. He has 5VP and 6 gold. If you look at the icon on the player board, it says 1 / 4BF. You have to add the bonus the 1, so it becomes (1VP + 4VP)/4BF = 5VP, the 2 remaining BF do not count.

C2. Same here. (1VP + 2VP) for each work of art. 1 work of art = 3VP

C4. (1VP + 1VP) for each 3+ assistant. He has 5 so that makes 3 assistant X 2VP = 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, this caught me in my first game...the rulebook only mentions the built in x1 multiplier in the section about tucking the cards, but for some reason doesn't put it under the end game scoring section (which is where it seems to logically belong ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.