13 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Difficulty Ramp Per Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you had to rate all scenarios in terms of difficulty (or from easiest to hardest), where would you say the arrangement is? I ask because I just finished the Castaways scenario and I want to feel a difficulty ramp somewhat.

Thanks. (Bonus Points for ranking Scenario 7 and 8 from the bonus materials)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played 1-5, and for 1, 2 and 4, I lost the first play but won the second. For 3 I won the first play but haven't played again. For 5 I badly lost the first play and have been afraid to play again.

Of the 8 total games, 2 were solo, 3 2p and 3 4p. I've also played the first expansion scenario solo and lost.

I wouldn't say they ramp up in difficulty, necessarily (though 5 appears to be genuinely harder), but they add new concepts and get a little more involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've only played the first 3 scenarios. It took me 3 attempts to survive the first. We beat the cursed island (2nd scenario) on our first try. I have yet, after 5 plays, to save Jenny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rank the first seven scenarios

2 7 1 3 6 4 5

from easiest to hardest. But that is just my personal opinion. 7 is quite easy when you play it without the changes mentioned on the scenario itself.

Never played scenario 8, but delved right into the expansion, of which I rank the scenarios

1 2 5 4 3

again from easiest to hardest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the scenarios I've played, I'd rank them easiest to hardest:

2 3 1 7 4

I've only played 7 solo with one character, which is supposed to be toughest. I've read many times that 5 is the hardest scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to this game, I assume 2P is the easiest. Am I correct in assuming this? As 2-3 P difference is 1 more action, at the cost of 1 food per turn and an increased cost for building huts and palisades. To confirm, it's 2 wood OR 1 fur to upgrade your base, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranking from easiest to hardest:

- 2: Just too easy
- 3: Easy, if luck isn't against you
- 1: Easy if you do the right thing that the game was meant to be played
- 4: Have to think a little now
- 5: Can be easy if you know the strategy...and unbeatable if you don't
- 6: Not sure if I have figured out the strategy yet (record: 2-2)
- 7: Rank it last because it feels like it all depends on luck

Have not played scenario 8...too many rules trying to remember right now for it, so haven't come up with a plan of action yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nighthawk326 wrote:

May I ask how many players you've been playing with? It seems to me that Scenario 2 seems to be the easiest by everyone's opinion. Probably because the goals can be bumrushed without much penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Australia
SOUTH PERTH
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played scenario 1 & 2 once each.
Definitely found Scenario 1 easier.

Not sure why everyone is finding 2 easy, bloody fog everywhere!
Then again, we may have had some bad luck. Due to events, towards the end we had about 8 blocked resources, so were requiring three people just to roll for wood.
On the other hand, we picked up 6 wood from events, so i thought on balance the luck was pretty even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that you can place fog on tile-free spaces!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Australia
SOUTH PERTH
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really??
Wow that would make a difference!
Maybe Scenario 2 isn't so hard... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palamino wrote:
nighthawk326 wrote:

May I ask how many players you've been playing with? It seems to me that Scenario 2 seems to be the easiest by everyone's opinion. Probably because the goals can be bumrushed without much penalty.

Have played most scenarios solo, with all different characters...and a mix with 3-player and 4-player. Have not played any 2-player game yet.

The most common mistake people made for Scenario 2 is not realizing that fog can be placed on any space, and doesn't have to be on an explored tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nighthawk326 wrote:

The most common mistake people made for Scenario 2 is not realizing that fog can be placed on any space, and doesn't have to be on an explored tile.

Hence, the bumrush tactic. Bell isn't as important. You probably only need to build it 1 time, if at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.