Steve Tudor
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Warhammer Invasion but at first glance the Invasion cards and Conquest cards look very similar. From what we've seen so far is this a similar game or are is this just a common graphic design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hackman
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first glance they don't seem to have anything in common at all other than in the most generic sense of dealing damage and using resources to put units on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not similar in the least bit. Deckbuilding is different, faction team ups are different, win conditions are different, combat is different, generating resources/draw is different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can tell, it's a lot closer to Blood Bowl/Call of Cthulhu, and the Star Wars LCG, mashed together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Malakai
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No match at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no similarities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Velkov
Bulgaria
Doganovo
Elin Pelin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me it seems very much like Smash Up - you pick two factions, shuffle the decks together and then play minnions on ranomly drawn locations. You win after you have conquered a certain number of locations.

Also it bears simmilarities to the Warhammer 40k CCG it alsow required locations to be captured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilightling wrote:
To me it seems very much like Smash Up - you pick two factions, shuffle the decks together and then play minnions on ranomly drawn locations. You win after you have conquered a certain number of locations.

Except from what we know you don't have decks to shuffle together, you have a commander card with 7ish cards that come with him and then you construct your deck out of whatever amounts of cards from the two chosen factions you choose. We also don't know if the locations are random, and the method of conquering a location is totally different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankfully FFG game makes each Card game, very different from the other. I hope to like the new game mechanics, to the time no card game has been bad at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Luisjoey wrote:
Thankfully FFG game makes each Card game, very different from the other. I hope to like the new game mechanics, to the time no card game has been bad at all.

Weeeeellll..... I don't know about that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kuster
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the game is very similar to the original 40K CCG and the Horus Heresy CCG.

Capturing planets, committing units. I was hoping for something else, different.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8863/horus-heresy

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7164/warhammer-40000-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Aurelius
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 40k CCG and Horus Heresy a bit as well, and can attest that at first look there are similarities to it. If I recall, your goal was to win over 3 locations (out of 5). You would take turns initiating combat between units at a certain location until it was conquered, then you moved to the other one. The "commander" unis also had this more vertical type of layout per card, and were about their special ability rather than combat prowess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yomismo unomismo
Spain
flag msg tools
It looks a lot more like the old 40k CCG.There were 5 sectors to conquer and you deployed units in each sector each turn, only 4 turns. The factions were almost the same as 40k conquest but you couldnt make allies althought there were a few neutral cards.
Factions were Marines, IG, Eldar, Orks, Tiranids and Chaos. Each one had a Faction card and played very differently from each other.

The cards in your hand gave you tactical options so you could use to boost your deployed units or sometimes even deploy themselves.

It was a realy good game and my favorite CCG. I hope this one is at least as good as the first but for the look of the cards it looks more simple and with less options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.