Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Peters
United States
Montrose
California
flag msg tools
I have a few questions about the boundaries for Germany:

1. Are boundaries for after the wall is placed around the country the as same as today or different: If different can a general reference points be posted here to establish their boundaries?

2. what is a good estimation of the dimensions of a section of the wall?

I am putting together expanded background information for a miniatures background and I am looking for a few pieces of information.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morristhecat wrote:
I have a few questions about the boundaries for Germany:

Good questions! I think this should be answered by the designer, but I'll try to give some valuations based on informations available.

morristhecat wrote:

1. Are boundaries for after the wall is placed around the country the as same as today or different: If different can a general reference points be posted here to establish their boundaries?

When we look in the rulebook at the graphic on page 5, we see that the Zone has the same boundaries as the country:

Thus we can assume that the wall has nearly the same boundaries, too.

morristhecat wrote:

2. what is a good estimation of the dimensions of a section of the wall?

The rulebook can help here, too:

First, these sections from the RB are interesting:

1947 - January 2nd, unable to control the rioting or stop the waves of fleeing refugees, the Military starts looking for alternative solutions. Fearing a pandemic, the decision is made to build a wall and a series of automated defenses around the Zone. The deadline for this titanic undertaking is set for early 1948.

1948 - March 19th, the building of the Nuclear Wall is completed. It's been quiet for the last few months; no one from the inside approached the perimeter in the latter stages of the works and everybody thinks that there are no living souls left in the Zone. The corpses of those killed by bullets, famine or the plague are left to rot piled up against the concrete blocks. Still, life beyond the Wall follows its own course, far from the eyes of the civilized world.

1952 - The first major attempt to escape out of the Zone in years. Organized bands simultaneously attack at night several Western Wall guard posts with grenades and machinegun fire. The attackers are repelled but the soldiers take heavy casualties. Some of them report the silhouettes continued maneuvering even after taking multiple direct hits. Situation becomes even stranger when, in the morning, no bodies are to be found at any of the assaulted outposts. The High Command denies that the attacks ever took place.

This picture from the RB on page 5 shows a section of the wall:

It looks very similar to Israel’s Separation Barrier:

The barrier is 25 foot (8m) high.
For comparison, a Ravager is about 6 meters high.

Here another picture of how this barrier is build:

You find more infos here:
http://electronicintifada.net/content/it-fence-it-wall-no-it...

Other good inspiration sources are movies like Doomsday, were Scotland has been quarantined because of a deadly virus:

Concept art of the "new" Hadrian's Wall.

And the classic Escape from New York.
In this movie the wall is 50 foot (15 m) high.

In Resident Evil Apocalypse and World War Z there are also condemnation barriers...

I hope these infos are usefull...

morristhecat wrote:

I am putting together expanded background information for a miniatures background and I am looking for a few pieces of information.

A miniatures based game in the world of NW68 would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.