Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zak
Canada
Wolfville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've run into the "problem" of having most of the faction and reinforcement decks, but not having the time or patience to construct my own custom decks.

Is there a compiled list of the best custom builds out there for each faction (preferably with descriptions of the decks' focus)? I'm hoping to just preconstruct decks for each faction so I can pull the game out for more casual play.

Cheers

Zak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
No there isn't because there isn't a best, since different builds do better vs some factions and worse vs others. Some tournaments allow you to modify the deck to match the deck you are facing. In those where you can't people build generally to beat the decks they are more likely to face.

Having said that some people have "general deck" builds, but many of them will argue still that there are different builds, depending on what you want to do.

I assume you do not want to make proxies, so just one deck per faction (no for each summoner as most summoners in the same faction share units).
No mercenaries (otherwise, prepare to print lots of stone golems...to say the least, I printed 3 pages of colored stone games and...i dont have enough)
And no extra commons
If im right, tell me so and I will give you a General build for each faction that I think is the most powerfull, generally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, for most factions, the deck out of the box works pretty well. For me, I've always loved CCG's, so I like deckbuilding with different ideas. There are a lot of different "ideas" for decks, but most of them just try to do things differently from the base decks and aren't strictly better. Yes, there are probably decks that are still pretty general while being better than the base decks (take Raechel Loveguard out of base Vanguard, for instance - I would replace her with Leah Goodwin), but some decks, like Cave Goblins, I have trouble changing anything at all.

If you don't want to deckbuild, put the reinforcements aside for a while, play the game with decks out of the box (but seriously, Raechel sucks), and when you want to change things up, try some deckbuilding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, yes, there are a few suggestions on the PHG web site. Here is the direct link to the PDF found under their Support section of their web site. It gives a couple decks for several factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been slowly working on a project to compile deck lists for all factions over at the Plaid Hat forum. So far I have resources for the first half-dozen summoners, and plan to continue once I have the time. Depending on your choice of summoner, you may be able to find something here.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?2933-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
On one side you asked for "best" which I understand as you want as powerfull, if so, I can't recommend the whiteboy list AT ALL.
But you also said "casual" which means maybe you do not care about power level, if so I guess, whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
For casual play I'd just recommend using the original decks.

Customising needn't be a chore though.

* Select a Summoner and put their event cards, set up card and three walls in the deck.
* Put aside the required units for the set up.
* Add enough commons so that you have 18 in total.
* Pick any three Champions.

Nity Gritty rules:

* A deck can only be made up of units from that faction or mercenaries.
* You can only have 6 mercenary cards.
* You can only have 10 commons of any type.
* Each champion must be unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.