Dungeon Command» Forums » General

Subject: [Variant] New Custom Set: Elemental Inferno rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Payton
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've designed a brand new, complete 12-mini themed set (10 customs): Elemental Inferno. I've been working on these for a few months when I've had the time, and now they're finally finished.

I had a bunch of cool-looking fire creatures in my DDM bin, and I wanted to use them in my DC game. My thanks go out to Aimon and GeckoTH for their encouragement, and for sharing their templates and graphics with me.

I've got plans for some fire-themed commanders, but it'll be a while before I get the chance to finish the graphic work for those ones.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Very well done. I also have a custom fire-themed set, Flames of Kossuth. Though I don't have the artistic talents you possess. I'll give these a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Payton
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I look forward to your feedback.

As for artistic talents...I really don't have any. I just found some images on Google and added them to a Powerpoint file which I used as a template for the cards. If you'd like, I could email you the Powerpoint file that I used to create these cards. I got it from Aimon and GeckoTH. It's actually pretty easy to make your own cards once you've got things set up. I'm working right now on another set, which should be fun too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool!

I have 7 of the 10 required miniatures, so it’s especially useful for me. I’ll try to use them next time I play.

Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Vierimaa
Finland
Oulu
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! Just a question, if I playtest these did you have some specific premade command deck in mind that is suitable to these creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Payton
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking they would work well together in a straight out-of-the-box format, but I also tried to balance them so that they'd fit in a constructed deck as well.

I did not design any new Order Cards for them, but I did design them with all of the existing Order Cards in mind.

Does that answer your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Vierimaa
Finland
Oulu
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you for your effort!

I will print/laminate these, I don't have minis but that's really not a problem, bigger problem is to find time to play and second player. I can quickly look into abilities and see which command deck might be best to start with this creature deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.