Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard from a bunch of people that the sweet spot
for Omega Protocol is 4 Players. (3 Commandos and 1 Overseer)

Is this true and if, wouldn´t it be better to just cut the kitpoints down for the commandos above 3 characters?
So that the "balance" is "restored"?

So playing with 4 or 5 commandos each get 1 less point for their kitpacks?

Any suggestions, examples, session reports?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the game needs a balancing adjustment when playing with more than 4 players.
The game has a great balancing mechanism for different number of players: Adrenalin. The more Commandos the more Adrenalin will be spent. This Adrenalin then goes to the Overseer to be used as action points.
Have you actually played the game yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Aganov
msg tools
I would say - just try to play it as written a few times and only then decide to homerule anything in the game. From my experience the L7 is well balanced and the kit abilities are a huge part of fun, cause they give each commando a unique "feeling" and add much to the cooperative part of the game. Anyway it mostly depends on your playing style, your expectations from the game and your gaming group. The Overseer playstyle is very different from the commandos - for him it is almost a eurogame with careful decisions on spending available resources and slow progression, while commandos are played in a certain ameritrash style.

And don't forget that people often forget some rules during first sessions. For example: I didn't use the bonus for max adrenaline - and it really was crucial, so commandos felt like the game was a bit too easy for them (even when one of them was close to become downed). Others - according to these forums - often forget about bonus for clones attacking the same target, the stealth ability and so on. So far my advice - just try the game as it is, and remember that first scenarios are mentioned to be easier for commandos (still an Overseer can give'em hell).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Mrosek
Germany
Hessdorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got me there. I only played it solo once
and currently i'm playing it with shnar over the forum here.

Mostly I was just curious.
My group doesn't deny nor are they eager to try it.

I just want them to like the game i guess :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.