Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted an image of this a long time ago but I want to post it again. I am curious if anyone out there - people interested in WWI - have anything to share about this ring. It is believed that this ring was made by a relative of mine who survived the war as a German soldier. As the story goes, two brothers were living in Austria at the start of the war. The younger brother was called up first and the older brother, refusing to let him go, took his place, switching documents etc. The younger brother left the country and worked his way to the west. Who knows of the validity of this tale but I have always found it intriguing. So take a look and let me know if you have any insights. The ring is engraved 1915 on one side and 1919 on the other. It is inlaid with some sort of black and red material. It is hammered out of a brass shell casing. I have always hoped the insignia is from a specific unit but I have never been able to find the symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.