Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Wild Predictions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Okay so I'm bored, so I figure we'll share educated guesses about future cards based on original Netrunner cards and spoiled cards.

So my prediction: Either "weapon" hardware will trash themselves, or corps will obtain new, better methods of trashing hardware. The latter will be a huge boon to Scorched Earth builds.

Reasoning: what is likely called "Energy Regulator" (far right)

"Trash: prevent an installed piece of hardware from being trashed."



Additionally, Anarch's event "Cyber Threat", which is partially spoiled, likely reads in its entirety, "Play only as your first click. Choose a server. The corp may rez a piece of ice in that server. If he or she does not, make a run on that server, in which the corp may not rez any ice."

So the corp must rez, allowing the Anarch to make an informed decision on what Caissa/Virus to install, else the Anarch can make a safe run!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
Reasoning: what is likely called "Energy Regulator" (far right)

"Trash: prevent an installed piece of hardware from being trashed."


We already have that, it's called Sacrificial Construct. What feels more likely to me is a credit cost, allowing it to be reused, for hardware only (leaving program trashing as a way to get rid of it.)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember what thread I saw it in originally (ie: not my idea), but I wouldn't be surprised if Energy Regulator reads X creds or trash, similar to Zaibatsu Loyalty.

ETA: Eden Fragment: ignore the install cost of the first piece of ICE each turn?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:

Additionally, Anarch's event "Cyber Threat", which is partially spoiled, likely reads in its entirety, "Play only as your first click. Choose a server. The corp may rez a piece of ice in that server. If he or she does not, make a run on that server, in which the corp may not rez any ice."

So the corp must rez, allowing the Anarch to make an informed decision on what Caissa/Virus to install, else the Anarch can make a safe run!

Exactly. I find it a strange card to apprehend. It can be played as you describe (a kind of Infiltration), or along the line of "I target a server I'm semi-interested in so as to have you spend your credits so that I can run another server safely" (a kind of FAO).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Most likely Reina's FAO.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Trew
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Icedman wrote:
[snip]
ETA: Eden Fragment: ignore the install cost of the first piece of ICE each turn?


Likely and on what 5/2 or 5/3? I'd imagine 5/3 as it's a neutral and the ability isn't really good enough to drop it below the standard.
But there's also a third line on there - if you look closely you can see the end of another paragraph that ends in 'k'
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
zithith wrote:

But there's also a third line on there - if you look closely you can see the end of another paragraph that ends in 'k'


Could be flavour text; hard to tell but it looks italicised to me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Trew
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Ah yes, so it could be.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Funderburgh
msg tools
It's the "one copy per deck" text.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The ability is quite poor, and given that it is unique, means it is probably limit 1 per deck.

I wonder if it might be a 5/4? If it was a 5/3 that was one per deck, it seems somewhat bad

It could also have an influence cost, making a 5/4 with an influence cost of 2 and one per deck seems ok to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Awesome
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Can't read my POKAH FASE
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
It could also have an influence cost


But there are no influence bubbles on agendas.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leeman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:

I wonder if it might be a 5/4? If it was a 5/3 that was one per deck, it seems somewhat bad

It could also have an influence cost, making a 5/4 with an influence cost of 2 and one per deck seems ok to me.


Agendas don't have INF, at least that we've seen so far, and the INF bubbles are missing from the spoilered side of the card.

Also, making this a 5/4 would be the first 4 point agenda we've seen, and I doubt even if Lukas et al decided to start down that road, it would cost 5. 4 AP is a HUGE threat, especially if you can pop it behind an ice wall and then a Chimera early and essentially keep the runner out for two turns.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
Keggy wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:
It could also have an influence cost


But there are no influence bubbles on agendas.




All neutral agendas beg to differ.

The lack of influence bubbles on in-faction agendas signals that they can not be included in decks of another faction. If neutral agendas did not have influence bubbles, then it would be illegal to include them in non-neutral-faction decks, which means it would be illegal to play them at all in the current card pool.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
TheMadjai wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

I wonder if it might be a 5/4? If it was a 5/3 that was one per deck, it seems somewhat bad

It could also have an influence cost, making a 5/4 with an influence cost of 2 and one per deck seems ok to me.


Agendas don't have INF, at least that we've seen so far, and the INF bubbles are missing from the spoilered side of the card.

Also, making this a 5/4 would be the first 4 point agenda we've seen, and I doubt even if Lukas et al decided to start down that road, it would cost 5. 4 AP is a HUGE threat, especially if you can pop it behind an ice wall and then a Chimera early and essentially keep the runner out for two turns.


I hope that it's not a 4AP agenda. Remember that there's already an Accelerated Diagnostics combo that lets you score a 5/3. If there was a 5/4 in your deck, even if it was only one, you could use that combo to just win once you hit three points instead of four. Which would be awful.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
zithith wrote:
Icedman wrote:
[snip]
ETA: Eden Fragment: ignore the install cost of the first piece of ICE each turn?


Likely and on what 5/2 or 5/3? I'd imagine 5/3 as it's a neutral and the ability isn't really good enough to drop it below the standard.
But there's also a third line on there - if you look closely you can see the end of another paragraph that ends in 'k'


That ability would be very significant for glacier decks that want to drop a 5th or 6th piece of ice on a server.

Edit: I still think it's probably a 5/3 though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun speculation time!

I think the other Anarch card in Spaces Between looks to be an ID, although it could be another Event (see Four is Flatline's spoiler lists for waht I'm talking about).

Only say this as the release notes for Upstalk/Lunar Cycle mention all packs containing an ID. Also interesting is every pack contains an ID; one faction might miss out?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just can't see why Eden particle would be unique and 1 per deck, with the ability it has. Which would roughly be "gain 6 credits over the course of a game"

5/4
5 influence.

Would at least make sense to me. FFG intentionally hid that part of the card, both the points and the influence cost for a reason. cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at Eden's text. It says "all cost". Cost, singular. It can't be "ignore all cost" as that sentence makes no sence. So what can it possibly say?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Brien
United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Look at Eden's text. It says "all cost". Cost, singular. It can't be "ignore all cost" as that sentence makes no sence. So what can it possibly say?


Presumably it's "[inst]all cost"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
strayjohno wrote:
[Presumably it's "[inst]all cost"

Ohhhhhh I'm stupid
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
Avatar
mb
anathomical wrote:

The lack of influence bubbles on in-faction agendas signals that they can not be included in decks of another faction. If neutral agendas did not have influence bubbles, then it would be illegal to include them in non-neutral-faction decks, which means it would be illegal to play them at all in the current card pool.


Eventually we're going to get Agendas with influence cost and non-Agendas with no influence.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.