Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Secret Mission - Space Superiority: 4VP "Destroy enemy ships with a combined total Size at least equal to half the Victory Point Goal for the game, without losing more than that number of your own ships."

Earlier, my gf used Eject Warp Core on the Voyager (of course) "...Deal 1 damage to this ship and all other ships in this location...if this damage destroys your ship your opponent does not get victory points for its destruction"

Would Eject Warp Core also prevent the Voyager's size from counting toward Space Superiority?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I'd play it. As they haven't actually been destroyed by you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Salsbury
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah, as I read it you would have to be the one dealing the damage. It would be the same if they lost a ship due to a black hole or other encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Barchak
United States
Carl Junction
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

Earlier, my gf used Eject Warp Core on the Voyager (of course) "

Couple of real quick questions for you my antlered shamus,

1. You have a girlfriend that plays board games with you?

2. You have a girlfriend who plays very nerdy kinda involved Star Trek board games with you?

3. This woman is not your wife already?

Also, since she was the Federation and you most likely the Klingons, I hope you crushed her mercilessly. Qapla!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Stockton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
if your GFs 1 point of damage does not destroy her ships and its your ship or ships that destroy her ship or ships Yes the destroyedships would count toward the mission completion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
polishhammer wrote:

Couple of real quick questions for you my antlered shamus,

1. You have a girlfriend that plays board games with you?

2. You have a girlfriend who plays very nerdy kinda involved Star Trek board games with you?

3. This woman is not your wife already?

Also, since she was the Federation and you most likely the Klingons, I hope you crushed her mercilessly. Qapla!!!

1. Um, yes? Its not really that surprising. I'm a giant geek. I'm not going to be one of these poor saps who dates a girl who doesn't appreciate/participate and then cries about it.

2. Um, she's more of a Trekkie than I am so this one was an easy sell. But hey, she also plays Pathfinder Adventure Card Game and Galaxy Trucker and Arkham Horror (she thinks Cthulhu is cute) and Sentinels of the Multiverse and...yeah, just about everything in my collection. And D&D, and video games. But don't worry she also plays Dixit and Takenoko and Chateau Roquefort and the other cute games I have. She's afraid of spiders though. So I can't play games with spiders.

Sidenote: As part of having my board games and my superhero action figure collection and my comics on our living room shelves, I also have to allow her scifi/fantasy book collection (oh yeah, some of thats mine), and her stuffed animals and her My Little Ponies. Sometimes people think I'm a brony. And it makes me sad. Just so you know.

3. Who put you up to this??? Cmon dude, its only been 17.5 years, we're still getting used to each other.

I lost 11-10. It was only our second game and she crushed me the first time. (Although I still say it was really lucky.)

But that's ok, those two victories and her Galaxy Trucker and Mansions of Madness as the keeper win this past weekend have gotten her over that looong losing streak of other games she was moaning about.

And I have the last two Smash Up expansions coming tomorrow!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.