Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my best (but probably not impressive to you high-scorers!)game tonight randomly drawing the lookout, Reginald Lee.
His (in)ability is that he's never compensated with an action card for failed rescues, but starts with 4 actions and can shift between one six passengers for attempted rescues.

His four actions were Save Time!, Plan B!, purple Mystery Passenger, and Come On!.
I quickly realized, Reginald was able to tear through multiple rescue attempts in varying quantities (I was mostly pulling six passengers).
As the draw pile depleted to almost nothing, Reginald played Save Time! and was allowed to tear through the deck with hefty rescue attempts once more. When that second pile was fast approaching the end, Reginald executed Plan B!, pulling up Save Time! to, on the next turn, literally stack a new draw pile.
It was nice to buy so much time attempting to get my duckling passengers in a row.

So, that was a neat little, but luck-dependent (action card draws have to be just right) strategy I became aware of during this game.

And for what the end game report's worth, I had a complete run of affluent passengers saved in a lifeboat.
Unfortunately, the yellow 2nd class passengers sorely lamented the absenteeism of their '8-guys' in order to bridge the gap between the 1-7 passengers in their yellow boat and the hopeful, but increasingly nervous 9-17 passengers. Oh, and one empty lifeboat (those are honestly tragic in the narrative of the theme)

25 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky you should post this, I came around to see what people were saying about Reginald Lee as the Crew Member. I found him greatly underwhelming. Obviously, the starting of the game with 4 Action cards is a real bonus, and he has the most draws for passenger rescue of any Crew Member. That being said, I rarely felt that extra one or two Passenger cards beyond the average draw made a huge difference and once those Action cards were gone (mine were pretty ineffective - luck of the draw!) the rest of the game was a crapshoot- Action card use being the primary decision to make during the game.

I ended up with 8 points. (Conversely, my last game with Andrew Latimer scored 51 points). But it is good to hear that you picked up 25 using Lee. I'll keep him in the random mix and see if I can do better with him next time!

Obviously, this game is very much luck-dependent, so I was a little bummed out with the Lee card taking out the primary decision after his initial run of four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.