Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for my next worker placement with richness of gameplay that unfolds with repeated plays. For reference, Hansa Teutonica is my favorite game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bruxelles 1893 vs Russian Railroads
I wanted to recommend Terra Mystica, but saw that you already have it.

I don't consider Bruxelles a pure worker placement game, rather a combination of worker placement and majority game. The mechanisms are very intertwined in it.
Russian Railroads is a little more straightforward. Both are very dry and offer little innovation. I enjoyed Russian Railroads more, but am not too sure how it will hold up to repeated plays as you have to specialize, something of everything will not get you far. Bruxelles works, but it didn't feel special to me and I don't have much motivation to play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bruxelles 1893 vs Russian Railroads
I've added snowdonia to the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Black

Winter Park
FL
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent played Russian Railroads but I heard it is pretty good. I own Snowdonia and it is fairly good but lighter. I like Bruxelles a lot more. It feels very different from most worker placement games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, I hate to be that guy but.... have you played Caylus? If your group is 2-4, play Caylus. With 5, skip it..... but Caylus is brilliant. Watch Rahdo's thoughts on it, I mostly agree with him. The game has ideas and decision points that are still unique, almost 10 years after release, and I haven't played another WP that even touches the gruelling choices you're forced to choose between.

Hansa Teutonica is a gem; give Caylus a look, if you haven't. You might be surprised (I certainly was)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Madeira>>>>>>>>>>>> Over RR and Snowdonia, for sure, although I enjoy all 3. Haven't played Brux yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trantor42 wrote:
I wanted to recommend Terra Mystica, but saw that you already have it.

Nor is it a worker-placement game.

--

I say go for Snowdonia. It has proven the test of time with me. I've played it plenty to start to see some samey-ness--if it was going to be a problem--and I've seen none. It also has the added bonus of being my favorite solo, Euro game. The solo game is fantastic. It plays well at all other play counts though.

Great game. Admittedly, I haven't played either of the other two. I have high hopes for Russian Railroads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.