Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 copies of this game by Marshall but I don't believe either is complete. Can anyone please provide a breakdown of what all should be included? A general breakdown, I don't need a counter breakdown thankfully

I have:
1 map
Rulebook (standard rules for the series)
A 4 page rulebook (assuming the specific/exclusive rules)
2 unpunched counter sheets
Melee/firepower chart (double sided)

The other copy is the same except it doesn't have the Melee/firepower chart but does have a single sided page with the passage of time recorder.

Anyone able to assist? Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the COA edition, so I can't tell whether your copies are complete. Yet, if you want to play using the latest release of ML or RègXXX COA rules, you only need map and counters, because everything else (rules, exclusive rules, additional counters, organization displays) can be downloaded from labataille.us website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a lot of trouble trying to get a complete copy of this game.
And even got robbed purchasing a from a person on this site.

My final copy had,
counter sheets yes
rule booklet, scenario booklet & historical commentary booklet
melee/fire chart
OoB 2sheets
turn track & squence of play/credits & acknowledgements
terrain key/counter formation/carre realization
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
thomas7163 wrote:

My final copy had,
counter sheets yes
rule booklet, scenario booklet & historical commentary booklet
melee/fire chart
OoB 2sheets
turn track & squence of play/credits & acknowledgements
terrain key/counter formation/carre realization

Thanks, so here's a picture of what I have. I'm trying to match it up to your list above to see what I'm missing

The item to the right of the counters seems to have information on Movement, Carre Formation, Morale, Order of Appearance so I'm not sure if that matches the last item you have listed and the OoB 2 sheets?

I assume the turn track & sequence of play is the item in the bottom right hand corner

So am I just missing the Scenario Booklet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your copy appears to be an original.
Is your copy a thin counter set? If YES, you have an original.
I do not see a historical commentary
The turn sequence track, yes. On the flip side is the counter formations definitions, yes?
The OoB's I have are 2 short folded black&white sheets. These you can download color updated from COA website.
Yes, it appears you are missing the scenario booklet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, very thin counter sheets

Historical commentary is a separate booklet I assume? Or part of the scenario booklet?

There is nothing on the back of the Passage of Time recorder sheet
The OOB (if that is what I have) is part of the 4 page booklet (right of the counters in my picture). The counter formations look to be on page 2. Is that what is on the flip side of your turn sequence track?

Here's a picture of pages 2 and 3 of that booklet. The 4th (back) page is similar to page 3 but is French Order of Appearance. Is that the OOBs?

Is the scenario booklet available for download anywhere?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, an original ME

Historical commentary is a separate booklet

Okay, I see you have a counter formation definitions in the booklet
Yes, that is what is on the flip side of terrain chart

Yes, that would be your OoB

You can download a lot of information including the scenario booklet on COA website under links, La Bataille series title

I mean a wealth of information, nice color OoB's for one, second & thirdly variant & updated counters

I'm kinda of a newbie to this series and between TerryD and BGG folks who play this series you'll get a lot of help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate your help.

So from my pictures, it's safe to say I'm just missing the historical booklet (obviously not needed for game play) and the scenario booklet?

I went to COA's website but can't find the download section. I clicked on game support and it is a broken link.

Also, would the scenarios from the COA edition be the same as the Marshall edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
nickcia wrote:
I own the COA edition, so I can't tell whether your copies are complete. Yet, if you want to play using the latest release of ML or RègXXX COA rules, you only need map and counters, because everything else (rules, exclusive rules, additional counters, organization displays) can be downloaded from labataille.us website.

I went to labataille.us but I couldn't find the scenarios for D'Auerstædt although that does look like a very handy site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
I went to COA's website but can't find the download section. I clicked on game support and it is a broken link.

All you need is on labataille.us, which is the official support website for La Bataille, COA editions. For Marchal Enterprise it's labataille.me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
I went to labataille.us but I couldn't find the scenarios for D'Auerstædt although that does look like a very handy site.

Hover your mouse pointer over "The Games", in the header, then click "Auerstadt" on the list that appears. On the right column you will find all the files I mentioned. The scenarios are in the Exclusive Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to labataille.me but I don't see any place to download the scenarios. This is where I was loooking: http://www.labataille.me/Downloads___Links.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Marshal site is for their distribution of free games, sale of new games, and support of those new games.

The labataille.us site is the one to go to for Auerstadt info. Here's a shortcut:

http://labataille.us/titles/auerstadt.shtml
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_peabody wrote:
The Marshal site is for their distribution of free games, sale of new games, and support of those new games.

The labataille.us site is the one to go to for Auerstadt info. Here's a shortcut:

http://labataille.us/titles/auerstadt.shtml

Thanks. I wasn't sure if the exclusive rules for the COA edition could be used for the Marshall one? I figure it would be updated/revised from the ME

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on the labataille.us website can be used for all 3 editions of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TerryD2010 wrote:
The rules on the labataille.us website can be used for all 3 editions of the game.

Thanks. And so I'm understanding correctly, the scenarios are in the exclusive booklet and I could use the COA edition with the ME components?

Thanks again for everyone's assistance. Once I make sure I got this one straight, I have 2 other Bataille games from Marshall that I am hoping to figure out of they are complete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring them ongulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
thomas7163 wrote:
Bring them ongulp

The others have more content in each envelope, so I have more hope with them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I stated earlier i'm a newbie the series. I went looking for good Napoleonic series and I found this.
Between 8-12 & 2-13, I purchased the entire series 12volumes including Dresden, Leipzig & Vauchamps.
I went for all the latest editions and with COA's website which has a lot of extras I am thoroughly enjoying these games.
I've to date have gotten Auerstadt vol1, Quatra Bras vol4 & Albuera vol3 on the table using MLR. The MLR is a great way to begin this series.
My next game will be Preussisch-Eylau vol2, using RegsXXX
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Preussisch-Eylau is one of the others I have to inventory; the other is La Bataille d'Espagnol: Talavera. Both are Marshall Editions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Preussisch-Eylau is one of the others I have to inventory; the other is La Bataille d'Espagnol: Talavera. Both are Marshall Editions
Yes, both would be ME editions and the COA website will have great information & latest counter variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never actually seen the ME editions of these games. If you find differences between them and what is on the website please let me know and we'll work in the necessary additions to the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TerryD2010 wrote:
I have never actually seen the ME editions of these games. If you find differences between them and what is on the website please let me know and we'll work in the necessary additions to the rules.
Actually they're titled "Marshal Enterprises La Bataille * * * " with the COA seal in the bottom right corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
thomas7163 wrote:
TerryD2010 wrote:
Actually they're titled "Marshal Enterprises La Bataille * * * " with the COA seal in the bottom right corner.

Not these - these are all ziplock bag editions from Marshall Enterprises. No COA seal anywhere on them

I'll try and upload pictures of these editions as I didn't see any in the image gallery for this one or Talavera (I didn't check the images for La Bataille de Preussisch-Eylau yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right - Clash of Arms received permission to reprint Eylau and Auerstadt. The original Marshal games were Austerlitz, Auerstadt, Wagram, and Eylau, and they were not boxed games. There have been two Clash of Arms editions of Auerstadt and Eylau, the first of which had thinner than normal counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.