Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or is solo play not mentioned anywhere in the rules aside from being listed as a game for 1-2 players? Are we just meant to play both sides? I have not read word by word, but I skimmed several times and did not see anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Byron!
Yes indeed... Thus is playable solo as well as cooperatively...

Solo play is very similar to regular play... We did not yet add that to the rules to keep the length down... However because we are getting lots of requests for it we just might add it in before the campaign is complete!!!

So for soloing the game... You roll 6 pennies at the beginning and subtract 1from the boss monster track for each heads... Then you run like heck towards the exit and hope to beat the monster out... If he gets ahead of you you're then in big trouble!!!
We're reviewing a few variants still to potentially add to the game... If you have any ideas, suggestions, or feedback, we are 100% open for em
Thanks!
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A suggested solo variant: Run for his life!
(excuse my english, it's not my first language)

-Use boss monster and two raiders (you and The Bad Guy)

-Set difficult by place Quarter on the Boss Monster Track on the number that you wish (or roll 6 pennies and substract 1 from the Boss Monster Track for each head you obtain)

-Choose your raider (head or tails) and place it in the start space as usual. Place the other raider (The Bad Guy) on the first space of the second tile. The Bad Guy has The Holy Grail.

-Second raider (The Bad Guy) moves every turn after each player rolls to move. When a Player rolls their pennies and choose a number, the player moves with the opposite number (as The Boss Monster). The Bad Guy always moves ahead and try to escape for Escape Tile. If The Bad Guy moves on Escape Tile and has The Holy Grail, player lose the game. If The Bad Guy moves on Escape Tile and hasn't The Holy Grail, discard The Bad Guy for the game.

-Player can attack The Bad Guy to gain The Holy Grail. The Bad Guy can't attack the player.

-Rules for Boss Monster applies as usual. If The Boss Monster trap The Bad Guy and he has The Holy Grail, player lose the game. If The Boss Monster trap The Bad Guy and he hasn't The Holy Grail, discard The Bad Guy for the game. The Boss Monster always move towards the closest Raider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Santiago!
Excellente!!! Muchas Gracias para tu comments! (Mi padrastros es de Mexico, so yo habla un poco español

Thanks so much for the comments and ideas! I hope people try your Solo Variant because it sounds like fun! I like it alot!

Great job!

Thanks alot! Keep on gaming!

Chris

eximeno wrote:
A suggested solo variant: Run for his life!
(excuse my english, it's not my first language)

-Use boss monster and two raiders (you and The Bad Guy)

-Set difficult by place Quarter on the Boss Monster Track on the number that you wish (or roll 6 pennies and substract 1 from the Boss Monster Track for each head you obtain)

-Choose your raider (head or tails) and place it in the start space as usual. Place the other raider (The Bad Guy) on the first space of the second tile. The Bad Guy has The Holy Grail.

-Second raider (The Bad Guy) moves every turn after each player rolls to move. When a Player rolls their pennies and choose a number, the player moves with the opposite number (as The Boss Monster). The Bad Guy always moves ahead and try to escape for Escape Tile. If The Bad Guy moves on Escape Tile and has The Holy Grail, player lose the game. If The Bad Guy moves on Escape Tile and hasn't The Holy Grail, discard The Bad Guy for the game.

-Player can attack The Bad Guy to gain The Holy Grail. The Bad Guy can't attack the player.

-Rules for Boss Monster applies as usual. If The Boss Monster trap The Bad Guy and he has The Holy Grail, player lose the game. If The Boss Monster trap The Bad Guy and he hasn't The Holy Grail, discard The Bad Guy for the game. The Boss Monster always move towards the closest Raider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Ok, revised and corrected:

Run for his life!
A solo variant for Raiders of the Lost Tomb

You must use Boss Monster and 2 Raiders (You and The Bad Guy)

Apply Rules of Play as usual, except:

a) On Set up, set difficult by place Quarter on the Boss Monster Track on the number that you wish (or roll 6 pennies and substract 1 from the Boss Monster Track for each head you obtain)

b) Choose your Raider (head or tails) and place it in the Start space as usual. Place the other Raider (The Bad Guy) on the first space of the second tile (space that overlap previos tile).

c) The Bad Guy has The Holy Grail.

d) The Bad Guy moves every turn after the player rolls to move. When a Player rolls their pennies and choose a number, the player moves with the opposite number (as The Boss Monster). The Bad Guy always moves ahead and try to escape for Escape Tile. If player moves to an encounter or portal, The Bad Guy can move to either number on the pennies rolled.

e) If the player don't move (use prepare/rest action or can't move) The Bad Guy moves a space ahead.

f) The Bad Guy can move on trap, monster or portal space free but can't resolve encounters or use portal. For The Bad Guy trap, monster or portal are blank spaces.

g) If The Bad Guy moves on Escape Tile and has The Holy Grail, player lose the game. If The Bad Guy moves on Escape Tile and hasn't The Holy Grail, discard The Bad Guy for the game.

h) The player can attack The Bad Guy to gain The Holy Grail. The Bad Guy can't attack the player.

i) Rules for Boss Monster applies as usual. If The Boss Monster trap The Bad Guy and he has The Holy Grail, player lose the game. If The Boss Monster trap The Bad Guy and he hasn't The Holy Grail, discard The Bad Guy for the game. The Boss Monster always move towards the closest Raider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Eximeno
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just uploaded solo variant to BGG. If you give it a try I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for a small-but-great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eximeno wrote:
I've just uploaded solo variant to BGG. If you give it a try I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for a small-but-great game!

Awesome Santiago!

Thanks so much for your contribution! I look forward to giving it a try!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.