Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Stewart
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an idea for a new plot card variant and wondered what people thought of it. Whether it might be interesting or overpowered? I've not play-tested it yet though!

Exert Influence
Played at the same time 'Keeping a close eye on you' would be played, except that instead of looking at the card, you get to replace it with a pass/fail of your choice. This choice is hidden from the other players. Then the mission cards get shuffled and revealed as normal.

I can see it having potential uses for both Resistance and Spies, but not being overly powerful because you don't know for definite which card you're replacing.

My concerns are that it would make it too easy for the resistance on the '2 fails required' mission, and that might not stack well with 'Keeping a close eye on you' (maybe add a rule that says the two can't be played together, or maybe make this a replacement for that card instead of an addition?)

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Too easy for spies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Too easy for spies.
+ it doesn't seem to bring any new information to rebels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.