Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

My group just recently got underway on a campaign and I had a couple questions on how to organize and manage the stuff better (I'm playing the Overlord).

1. How do you organize your map tiles? Right now I have them all in a bag in one of hte expansion boxes but this isn't really a good solution because finding stuff when putting together a map can be a bear.

2. How do you track monster HP? I've been creating separate piles of hearts and just trying to keep mental track. I could also do the DM thing and write it down on a piece of paper but I'm wondering if there is a more elegant solution that I'm just not seeing?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vespino Robert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my map tiles in separate bags for tiles 1-10, 10-20, 20-30 and unnumbered, plus another bag for each set expansion tiles. This makes it easier to find them when they're needed.

For monster damage, I've started to paint each monster in a group's base a different colour (red, blue, green, yellow, purple, orange) and am going to create a set of cards with areas in each colour to place next to the monster card. That way all damage, condition and any other tokens can be kept off the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I group my tiles by size (and bag the groups where feasible), so I can look through the large tiles, medium, small, or connector tiles when I'm trying to find them. I've only punched the tiles for the first small expansion, I think, so as I punch more I'll probably look into labeling the groups by number.

For monster health, I'll track master and lieutenants on the cards, and I can usually keep the minions near them on the board, or just off the side of the board. Minions don't usually last long in my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put minion damage next to, or under, the minion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For map tiles I bought one of those accordion folders with individual pockets and filled it with tiles, I put 5 tiles in each section so I can quickly grab what I need.

Mat628 wrote:
Put minion damage next to, or under, the minion.

This, I just place minions on top of their damage if there are a lot of them. If it is a larger figure like a shadow dragon I'll just track the minion above the card and the master below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG delivers map tiles to their games in zip-lock bags.
I use these large bags to keep the tiles in.
Map tile 0-9 in one bag
Map tile 10-19 in another etc.

Easy to find and easy to store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a binder and some zip-close pouches for the map tiles. Not quite sure how much I like this solution yet — the smaller ones can bunch up in weird ways, and I'm concerned the weight of the top pouches might cause tiles in the lower pouches to deform. The 2-inch binder I got is barely big enough for the tiles through Trollfens; I should have gotten a 3-incher to accommodate Nerekhall.

Anyone else who used this sort of solution have any problems with it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.