Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this clever, yet confusing Uwe Rosenberg trick-taking game several times before, but always have trouble remembering the strategies to employ. This is one game in which my opinion changed drastically after repeated playings. My first attempt was a few years back with buddies Ted Cheatham, Lenny Leo and Eric Wood and I absolutely loathed the game. With the exception of Ted, we all did. A few months later, however, Ted played the game with Gail and I and I began to understand a bit of the strategies involved. Subsequent playings greatly increased my appreciation and enjoyment and now it is a favorite.

Incredibly, though, I've never brought it to the table with the Westbank Gamers. Tonight was the night, however, as we only had three remaining for our late night game, Jim, Keith and I.

Early on, Keith seemed in big trouble as he was amassing a huge collection in his 'junk' pile. Since you are only able to clear one number per round, it seemed he was going to have a difficult time ridding himself of most of those cards. I felt comfortable with my progress, and continuously kept mentally repeating the numbers I wanted to collect in my junk pile. This mantra process paid off as I was able to score big in the final rounds and capture the victory.

Finals: Greg 17 - 6 = 11; Keith 25 - 19 = 6; Jim 14 - 9 = 5

Ratings: Greg 7.5, Keith 7, Jim 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.