Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr No
Canada
Montréal
QC
flag msg tools
Hi,
we just had a great time in a 3 player game yesterday and one of us manage to build all his cities and wanted to create a new one in the last turn (to get the long distance bonus).
Are we limited to 4 cities or can we use the 2 spare city token provided with the game or borrow one from someone who didn't use them ?
I didn't find anywhere in the rules that we can only build the 4 initial cities provided and are limited to that
Thank you for your help

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel hansen
United States
Wautoma
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you can only use the tokens that are provided to you. So four cities is the max.

The rules make it clear that you have 4 tokens in a number of places:

"Each player has one starting City Token, and three extra City/District Tokens. Each extra token has one City side (number without a plus sign), and one District side (number with a plus sign). Each of these tokens may be used as either a City or a District."

"When you settle a new City, take the new Land Board and place it next to your starting Land Board. Place one of your City Tokens on it."

Since it is clear that you are to place one of your tokens, you cannot use one of the two extras that came in the box. (though I greatly appreciate that there are extras.) Someday there may be an expansion with an exploration-based race that gets to have an extra one or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.