United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
I was finally able to release some more details about the things going on behind the scenes with Kings of Israel! Most of the updates can be found on the Kings of Israel Facebook page, but in summary:

1. The contract to begin production of Kings of Israel has been signed!
2. A Hebrew translation of Kings of Israel will be made and sold within Israel! Additionally, if it works out, I am hoping to import any production overages for that version to the US to gauge demand for that translation here.
3. A website and Facebook page has been made for Funhill Games! (www.funhill-games.com and www.facebook.com/funhillgames respectively)
4. Another project is in process for Kings of Israel but it is too early to talk about it.

Thank you again for your support everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a shot of the Hebrew language cards for those interested:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Please post here in this thread with more updates. That way we can subscribe to it and be sure and get them. Definitely want to know when I can order a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
AaronElWhite wrote:
Awesome!

Please post here in this thread with more updates. That way we can subscribe to it and be sure and get them. Definitely want to know when I can order a copy.

I can do that. Here is the most recent update:

"Spoke with the project manager for Kings of Israel at Panda games today and went over the work schedule the coming months. Things sound good so far. The first payment was wired last Friday and I am waiting on a reply regarding the bleed settings on the cards before uploading all of them to their FTP site."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A.
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update here Lance; Really looking forward to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Preston
United States
Fremont
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazz8 wrote:
Thanks for the update here Lance; Really looking forward to this!

Here's actually a more recent update from the Funhill Games website, with an exciting picture of the wood token factory samples!

http://www.funhill-games.com/2014/05/kings-of-israel-wooden-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Scott for posting that link too!

I am planning on having the next big update when we hit the "in production" step of the process, but a few quick notes:

-Pre-production is moving a little slow, it takes about a week to receive a reply from Panda when questions or corrections pop up with the art files. I will likely have to add a couple months to the expected delivery date, but I want to finish this step before posting a new month.

-The wooden tokens should be physically arriving here soon, after which I can verify that they look good (or not).

-More artwork is being done for the PC version of Kings of Israel as we speak!

-I ordered a flat 1000 copies of the Kickstarter version of Kings of Israel and there are a few extra copies still available to preorder at the Funhill Games website here:

http://www.funhill-games.com/order-games-2/

I think that covers it for now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of updates, here's another quick one:

I received a call from the production company for Kings of Israel (Panda Games) and it looks like the art files are all good! A pre-production copy is the next step up!

The wooden tokens for my preview won't come until that copy arrives, since they needed to correct something. I will make sure to upload a bunch of pictures when we arrive at that point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Another quick update! The sample wooden tokens just came in directly from Panda Games! I am looking over them now, they look good. Pictures are being uploaded to BGG as I type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
The wooden token images are up now. Thumb them if you get a chance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates on availability in the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
Any updates on availability in the US?

I am expecting a delivery date this Fall based on the current pre-production flow. I will have a more official timeline when we hit the production stage, which should be soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A.
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow; The tokens look great! Sounds like things are moving along rather quickly; Thanks for the update Lance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-order placed!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Jack
Australia
Doreen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. Are you deciding between the rounded and flat prophet tokens, or does it come with both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
alastair john jack wrote:
Looks good. Are you deciding between the rounded and flat prophet tokens, or does it come with both?

The Kickstarter version comes with both. The regular version just has the rounded version.

And we still have ten Kickstarter copies available to preorder on the Funhill Games website if interested!

www.funhill-games.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick update on the Kings of Israel computer game!

I got the latest build from the developer and I am really liking the progress!

The developer has integrated the latest icons and tokens that were created by Matt Ebisch. For example, on the bottom you can see the various actions the current player can select as symbolized by icons for each. The foot is for movement, the hand out is to acquire resources and so on.

On the game board there are miniature prophet icons that will change depending on whether they are taking their turn, waiting on their turn, or if their turn has completed. Also shown is an idol (golden cow) and the clouds that represent evil. These clouds will have an animation that makes them change and float around the location that is growing in evil.

And we are still on the pre-production step of the manufacturing process for the Kings of Israel board game. Panda Games had a few more art file corrections that needed to be addressed so those are almost all corrected. I am just waiting on a reply from Panda Games to finish off the map again. Will keep everyone updated on that process too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A.
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for continuing to update us Lance!

I also noticed that you started an "overage list" on the pre-order page for the kickstarter version. I think that's a great idea! While it may not be a guarantee, it still holds promise for those hoping to still maybe get a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazz8 wrote:
Thanks for continuing to update us Lance!

I also noticed that you started an "overage list" on the pre-order page for the kickstarter version. I think that's a great idea! While it may not be a guarantee, it still holds promise for those hoping to still maybe get a copy.

Yes! I hope the overage list gets Kickstarter copies in the hands of anyone who preorders, since overages are very common and I could have up to 120 extra copies worst-case-scenario. When I have an official number I will just update the order page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Another quick update! I received the digital proofs of Kings of Israel from Panda Manufacturing a couple days ago. I had them correct two items, I should receive the physical proofs pretty soon. Once I look at them and verify everything looks good, and the Hebrew version also looks good digitally, then we are all set for manufacturing! Here's a screen shot of a digital proof for those interested:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update Lance! Looking forward to this game! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Bigler
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to be at GenCon?
I'm anxiously awaiting my KS game to arrive. It looks great!
Certainly any expansion that can have 5 or 6 prophets play would be fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
gregbigler wrote:
Are you going to be at GenCon?
I'm anxiously awaiting my KS game to arrive. It looks great!
Certainly any expansion that can have 5 or 6 prophets play would be fantastic.

No, I will not be at GenCon this year but Kings of Israel won't be in by then anyway so that is ok. And I have been running ideas through my head if I did do a Kings of Judah expansion in the future, we will see if that happens and if it would add a player or two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A.
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebrainy wrote:
And I have been running ideas through my head if I did do a Kings of Judah expansion in the future, we will see if that happens and if it would add a player or two!

That would be cool! Whenever we play a 4 player game we usually have others interested. Anyways, great to hear you're already contemplating this, and the title seems fitting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
All the digital proofs have been approved and the physical proof is expected to be shipped next week. Once the physical proof has been approved, printing of Kings of Israel can begin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.