Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Biggs
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps there is something better but for early prototyping for play testing or whatever, I was thinking of buying blank drink coasters. You can get 100 square for cheap, even cut them into 4 and write on them with a sharpie.

Is there an even better choice besides having little scrap papers from a printer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Index Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey de Bock
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I am just using (thick) paper and print my stuff on it
When playtesting with friends stil have some sort of feeling of playing a game and write improvements right one them for next playtestround(s).

When I am finished testing the elements/attributes on the cards, I will print them on business cards for the external prototype(s).
I find the business cards relatively cheap and flexible at the website I know.
The website provides a service that does 2 sided prints with one side that can be different per piece (lets say 50 designs) and the other side standard (1 design) for the pack of 50/100/etc you order.

Now lets test, test and test first.. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Gunther Herzog
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drink coasters for what? Tiles? Sounds good for that. I've been using adhesive foam with paper/printed side.

For cards, the index card idea sounds better (100% identical card height/width makes shuffling easier).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Biggs
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, tiles, markers, etc. But for playing cards they would suck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.