Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: WANTED Doomtown video tutorial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
It would be nice with a video tutorial from the old doomtown ccg of some shape or form from an old experienced player, to the get the gist of it. Reading the cards you get kinda lost in the lingo.

So you know if you wanna get excited or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I don't do videos; no one would want to see my homely old ass recorded anyway, so it's for the best all around, I think.

But, I would be happy to answer questions about how the game is played. The old game at least. Info on the new game is not public yet, just vague references to "changes".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sheffield
United States
Aberdeen
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New rules should be release by the end of April
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe i'm just impatient but i wanted a video walkthrough for the old ccg for a long time. I remember trying to read the rules but got exhausted and gave up. Watching it get played is so much easier

Always been intruiged by the shootout/poker mechanic and got some deep love for the deadlands universe. Well, for the ones who wait i guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our hope is to create something like this in the next few months. We are not a video shop, and we don't have all the fancy equipment and skilled people like some other companies do, but we have video cameras and iMovie, so we're definitely going to try to put something together that will ease people into the game over a series of videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
monkehbwoy wrote:
Maybe i'm just impatient but i wanted a video walkthrough for the old ccg for a long time.

I've put up a thread describing the basics. I hope you find it useful.

http://rpggeek.com/forum/1527915/doomtown-reloaded/general
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You may also find these useful;

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/294186/doomtown-deck-structu...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/294184/choosing-starting-dud...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/294183/a-beginners-guide-to-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:
I don't do videos; no one would want to see my homely old ass recorded anyway, so it's for the best all around, I think.
I think that if we see your behind during the game you might be playing wrong.whistle

It appears we are on the cusp of change. I am of the "old guard" and am not sure I could learn to play from a video (too linear, no way to cross reference or index "effectively") and there are a LOT of newcomers to the hobby who have been raised on video learning (do they have to read books in P.E. when it rains like "we" used to have "movie day"?)

I am seeing more and more requests for game video tutorials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
martimer wrote:
cosine wrote:
I think that if we see your behind during the game you might be playing wrong.whistle

It appears we are on the cusp of change. I am of the "old guard" and am not sure I could learn to play from a video (too linear, no way to cross reference or index "effectively") and there are a LOT of newcomers to the hobby who have been raised on video learning (do they have to read books in P.E. when it rains like "we" used to have "movie day"?)

I am seeing more and more requests for game video tutorials.

I think, with this game at least, the biggest desire for a video tutorial is the fact that the only rules that is out there have no pictures in it. And it's a (kind of) complex system with a lot of in-game terms for stuff.

But having read the rules you actually get a pretty decent picture how the game's supposed to be played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.