Subject: Uncanny X-Men (pic) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More from CritToHit and Gama.....

another starter box and 1st expansion (possibly?)

Speculation on my part: the dice seem to be the same as the AvX starter and in the same location......it's possible this is just a mock up and not the first sample of it.

Also this might be one of the reasons the first starter seems/is so Avenger heavy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
If the expansion is just going to be new cards with the same dice, I'm going to be extremely dissapointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
If the expansion is just going to be new cards with the same dice, I'm going to be extremely dissapointed.

Again, just me speculating.....there will probably be new dice (either alternate versions for characters we already have say, a new set of dice for Wolverine and/or new characters like Sue Storm) and their corresponding cards as well as cards that work with previously seen characters and come with the dice that were already released as well.

Edit: Case in point, Psylock and Apocalypse are on the UXM box so there absolutely new character (who would need new dice and cards, obviously) so your concerns seem unfounded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come onnnnnnn Jubilee!

(sarcastic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There goes all my money. But I'm ok with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeroeo wrote:
There goes all my money. But I'm ok with that.

Yup. Am on my mobile & posting a picture is tricky, so just imagine this was the obligatory Futurama meme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

DC Injustice is the DC Comics set name.
http://i.imgur.com/uk5PpB2.jpg

From
http://www.crittohit.com/events/gama-trade-show-2014-wizkids...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeroeo wrote:

o baby o baby. sooo this is almost done and ready to release soonish?

cant wait for this expansion!!!!!!

I hope the dice are different. I want a stronger beast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Kelso
United States
Prairieville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like logos for sentinel, ant man, and black panther on that box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkelso1 wrote:

To save anyone doing what I just did and zooming in and spending 5 minutes searching through the dice in the picture to see what you could be talking about - the symbols are in the big grey area at the top of the box. -facepalm-

Good spot Jeffery!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone, I only fond out bout this game in the lastcouple of days andthe format of te starter pack had puzzled me. I felting either had to include twice as many heroes for full game play or have 2 pared down 1 player set of with 8 heroes but only 4 sidekicks etc. I hope thexX-Men is a non-duplicative starter set in terms of heroes but I don't see the need for eg 8 sidekicks in each pack.

On the whole pleased to see this. Wish it was available fr preorder on same timescale as the rest.

Chris

PS excuse my typing. New to this tablet malarkey and on a shaky-rudder train

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you recall, there was a call for play testers a while back. So, more Marvel? More characters? Yeah...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:
jkelso1 wrote:

To save anyone doing what I just did and zooming in and spending 5 minutes searching through the dice in the picture to see what you could be talking about - the symbols are in the big grey area at the top of the box. -facepalm-

Good spot Jeffery!

Good eye indeed. But I also spot the Wolverine and Professor X symbols. I hope those are placeholders. It's pretty early in the cycle to start repeating characters already, don't you think?

Edit: Although having Magneto and Wolverine on the box art isn't a good sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
bazpoint wrote:
jkelso1 wrote:

Good spot Jeffery!

Good eye indeed. But I also spot the Wolverine and Professor X symbols. I hope those are placeholders. It's pretty early in the cycle to start repeating characters already, don't you think?

Edit: Although having Magneto and Wolverine on the box art isn't a good sign.

speaking of cover art, that magneto pic isnt even from emen. its from the xmwn (legacy) 90s run. I think the first issue cover

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Houston
msg tools
sputang wrote:

I dunno. Obviously, I would expect characters to get new dice at some point. But I think literally throwing new dice into the mix at the next expansion might be a bit much. At least if it was a ton of characters we've already seen.

I would just as soon want them to toss as many new characters into the set as possible. Then again, there is a fair sampling of characters in the first set, so I'm hard pressed to think of too many people to add to that.

(And let's be honest. We're getting a new Wolverine no matter what we do. Because he's on every team imaginable at this point. It's unavoidable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
houset wrote:

I dunno. Obviously, I would expect characters to get new dice at some point. But I think literally throwing new dice into the mix at the next expansion might be a bit much. At least if it was a ton of characters we've already seen.

I would just as soon want them to toss as many new characters into the set as possible. Then again, there is a fair sampling of characters in the first set, so I'm hard pressed to think of too many people to add to that.

(And let's be honest. We're getting a new Wolverine no matter what we do. Because he's on every team imaginable at this point. It's unavoidable.

I just want Shatterstar and Cable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
houset wrote:
sputang wrote:

I was thinking. Was there ever a ccg, that had content in it that you already owned (not counting reprint like MTG core sets)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you guys think we can also expect some non-X-Men characters in this? Like the fourth Fantastic 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gediminas Usevičius
Lithuania
Klaipėda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, from the Starter box you can cleary see the same dices: Captain America, Torch, Spider-Man, Storm and etc. So, I think the dices will be the same for the same character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sideg1030 wrote:
Well, from the Starter box you can cleary see the same dices: Captain America, Torch, Spider-Man, Storm and etc. So, I think the dices will be the same for the same character.

It's highly likely that they've just put mockup Uncanny graphics on an AvsX box with AvsX dice just as a stand in for the show. I'd say it's almost certain that the Uncanny starter will contain a different characters / dice - how many of them are entirely new, as opposed to characters from AvsX with new cards, is a different question.

I just hope this rapid showing for a second Marvel set is a sign of things to come. Suddenly I have a tiny smidgen of hope for a 2099 set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lewis
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:
They've just put mockup Uncanny graphics on an AvsX box with AvsX dice just as a stand in for the show.

Definitely this. They didn't even change the background to make it at all match the images, hence the awkward white space between and behind Wolverine and Magneto which were just lifted from X-Men #1 if I'm not mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeroeo wrote:

Shatterstar?!? Longshot all the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MFK
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aroncraig wrote:
zeroeo wrote:

I vote for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metalfacekevin wrote:
aroncraig wrote:
zeroeo wrote:

I vote for both.

I want this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeroeo wrote:
metalfacekevin wrote:
aroncraig wrote:
zeroeo wrote:

I vote for both.

I want this.

finally proof it will be fully compatible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.