11 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Kate: Recursion in New Angeles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Biggio
msg tools
Hi there!

I started playing netrunner 2 months ago and loved it since. Here's a deck I developed and played on OCTGN. I havent' played it live, given that the community of netrunner players is simply non-existent in the place where I live.

Itentity: Kate 'Mac' McCaffrey

Events (13)

3 x Sure Gamble
3 x Modded
3 x Account Siphon
2 x The Maker's Eye
1 x Indexing
1 x Levy Ar Lab Access

Hardware (8)

3 x Clone Chip
3 x R&D Interface
2 x Cybersolutions MemChip

Icebreakers (9)

1 x Snowball
1 x Gordian Blade
1 x Mimic
3 x Deus X
3 x Sharpshooter

Programs (5)

3 x Self-Modifying Code
1 x Datasucker
1 x Crescentus

Resources (10)

3 x Professional Contacts
3 x New Angeles City Hall
2 x Kati Jones
2 x Same Old Thing

The strategy of this deck is pretty straightforward: SMC to tutor whatever you may need early game, clone chip to recur SMC in order to set up an efficient rig quickly. I've found myself using SMC to tutor Gordian/Snowball/Mimic most of the time, since there's no need to tutor Sharpshooter or Deus X. The reason why I've put 3 copies of each in the deck is because they are, in my opinion, the most efficient sentry-AP breakers to play as Shaper, and 3 copies of clone chip and 1 LARLA ensure lots of recursion. As for Mimic, it's here to deal with 'smaller' setries, especially rototurret, fenris and caduceus. Tracers with str > 3 which are nor AP (Flare)nor Destroyers (ICHI 1.0 and 2.0) are either dealt with datasucker or disregarded, due to Kate's link plus NACH for instant tag removal vs Data Raven. Crescentus adds that little bit of big-ice hate that makes derezzing an Archer or a Janus quite affordable.

Speaking of NACH, I chose it instead of Plascrete Carapace for two reasons: firstly, Plascrete is vulnerable to Power Shutdown whereas NACH is not. Secondly, NACH allows me to instantly remove the tags I gain after Siphoning without wasting half of a turn, and it also has a perfect sinergy with Deus X in case I access a Snare. Finally, not receiving any tag keeps my economic/drawing engines -Kati and ProCon - pretty safe.

I was thinking of swapping 1 Siphon and a Datasucker for a Garrote and a second Crescentus. MU with Garrote is not a problem given the 2 copies of CyberMem Chip, and the lack of tutors such as test run and scavenge is justified by the fact that I should use Garrote as a late game option.

Any advice would be welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guze
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One issue with NACH is that it won't stop a Midseasons, which is pretty common in NBN scorch (and even some non-scorch) decks. Weyland might run it occasionally, too, if they feel like they can spare the influence. It also has other random vulnerabilities (Character Assassination, Elizabeth Mills, scoring an agenda), so be careful with it.

3 Deus X and Sharpshooter is overkill. One of each is probably enough, but you can go to 2 sharpshooter for a bit more reliability if you want. Use them for facechecking, then recur them with Clone Chip if you need to, but once they're rezzed, you should think about using Mimic + suckers for them instead.

I'm not sure that 1 datasucker is reliable enough. You can SMC for it, but you've gotta be careful with it since you're only running 1 of your main breakers (though Tinkering helps alleviate that issue). If you want more influence, -1 Siphon +1 Same Old Thing is probably fine. Garrote would definitely help, too, as you said, if you can afford the memory. You also might want to throw in a Corroder with some of that influence, too.

Tollbooth (especially on HQ) would also be a bit of a problem for this deck, since it costs 7 to break with Gordian. Femme is a decent way of getting around it with Shaper, though having Test Run/Scavenge helps that a lot.

How much do you plan on playing Levy AR with no burst draw in the deck? ProCon encourages drawing, but even then, by the time you get to the end of your deck the game's probably over. Also, if points are scored against Jinteki, you have to think about if it's worth using your Deus X just to prevent a random ping.

Overall, though, still a neat deck. NACH will definitely help in a lot of cases and save clicks, just be wary of its weaknesses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
varthanna
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
talking_chicken wrote:
One issue with NACH is that it won't stop a Midseasons

Wait, what? As long as you've got the credits, you can use NACH X times to avoid X tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guze
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, you can, but if you're using NACH to avoid Midseasons tags, then it means that
a) you just played it after scoring an agenda that turn, and
b) you should be using the money to fight the trace instead (you take tags equal to the difference), which is strictly cheaper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pupp
Germany
Norderstedt
SH
flag msg tools
badge
I can hardly believe it myself
mbmbmbmbmb
varthanna wrote:
talking_chicken wrote:
One issue with NACH is that it won't stop a Midseasons

Wait, what? As long as you've got the credits, you can use NACH X times to avoid X tags.
Well, if you could afford to do that, you can save 50% -6Creds by just fighting the trace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
varthanna
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, it's a terrible idea, but doesn't change the fact that it CAN stop a Midseasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
varthanna wrote:
Right, it's a terrible idea, but doesn't change the fact that it CAN stop a Midseasons.

In the most inefficient way possible, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think varthanna was questioning the efficiency of the solution, more questioning the declaration that NACH wasn't a solution.

I'm also completely aware you already knew that /innerpedant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palpster
Netherlands
Nunspeet
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I played the OP's deck two or three times on Octgn recently. It did really well against my Weyland deck, especially the whole recurring Sharpshooter thing. Suddenly my Archers were pretty much useless and Account Siphon is always tough to deal with.

I believe I lost once and was about to win once, but OP left short of victory. If that was indeed you, please have the decency to concede before you leave. It will also help all those wonderful people doing octgn data analysis if you end a game properly.

If that was't you, I apologize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Biggio
msg tools
No need to apologize, it was me I remember playing against you more than a couple of times. I don't remember exactly the game you're referring to, but I apologize if I made you think I did it on purpose: when it happens it's because either OTCGN crashes or disconnects me from the server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
varthanna wrote:

Not having a NACH is a better solution to Midseasons than having and using NACH to stop Midseasons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.