Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran into a situation on Mission 6 that I haven't really encountered before. Through a series of enemy movement and random events, there are 6 German unit on the map in 3 different locations all of which do NOT have LOS to any U.S. unit.

What do I do here? I don't think that any of them have additional movement
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Most are hunkered down in bunkers.
Do I stay in rounds and make roll after tedious roll for each apparently static enemy as my troops slowly move into position. Do I go to operations mode?

As a player, I know where each enemy unit is on the map even though my troops can't see them. Also, all my troops were aware of the 2 Germans that broke LOS by moving through a treeline. Do they remain aware or am I forced to knowingly walk blindfolded into an ambush?

Apologies in advance if I missed a previous post on this but I'm really confuzzled on how to proceed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that, yes, you are aware and yes, you must do the boring rolls as you get into position. Those rolls could set off random events, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
jacob4408 wrote:
Do I stay in rounds and make roll after tedious roll for each apparently static enemy as my troops slowly move into position. Do I go to operations mode?

Stay in rounds.
Quote:
3/2 Play Outline
Commence Rounds. When a German soldier or vehicle is activated, Rounds begin...Rounds continue until the last German vehicle or soldier is killed, incapacitated, captured, or leaves the map. Then Operations resume as above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatorskin wrote:
My guess is that, yes, you are aware and yes, you must do the boring rolls as you get into position. Those rolls could set off random events, after all.

Yep....
...just beware of some German Special Reactions.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Its been a very long time since I played Ambush but I do remember being in a similar situation and naively thinking I could get into a position to do some damage only to be caught in the open by a newly activated German. I became too lackadaisical and paid the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.