Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my second game and i had little time to play it,so i was bold.

My stats after the end of the game

Total Score = 32

+10 for the win
+3 for 3 rounds left
+0 for not getting both LIS. I only got one.
+5 for Diplomatic at Level 3
+12 for Research at Level 4
+2 for Leadership at Level 2
-0 for not getting any Bad Reputation

I got lost....i got soooooo lost and then when everything seemed fine i got lost again. Space is a big big space.

I began my journey with the LIS point at the North.
I am a fanatical Leader that i was not gonna tolerate any traitors in my ship.

"The first LIS point is really far away, in the time to get there i want to exterminate any Cell of traitors by the time we got there"

"Use any means necessary....."

After taking some wrong turns, by the time we got 2 spaces before the first LIS point i had all the traitors killed or in prison.
The engine broke down and we had lost valuable time but now only the sky in front of us.

Saddly we had the engine ready but haven't found the Source in order to use the Time Jumps.

After some turns we managed to find the first LIS point and then reach for the Source. Gladly when this happened i had a really good roll and managed to put a 6 at the Event Reading Space. So i rolled with a +8 (+6 and +2 with the LIS).
I found the Source.....the Engine would do the work for us from now on.

Alas.......the new Source/Engine compination gave us Time but what it didn't give us was directions of how to get back to Earth.

We started the Final Countdown one space away from the Source. zombie

Only luck was there for us......we pushed and pushed......we reached our Human Limits and survived. We where working 24/7. My crew never failed me....my crew was there......we hold.....we hold.

And then a reading came to my monito

"Planet Earth....Approximately time of arival....." I cried like a baby.

P.S.
From game mechanics view i got lost many times and lost valuable time.....what really got me the game was my truly unbelievable luck when it came down to Event Rolls.....I think i only lost 2-3 event rolls during the whole game. You can see that my stats where really high. Research at 4 and Diplomacy at 3 and keep the Leadeship at 2.

I tried to take every Event test that had 7+ difficulty and avoid any 9+ if possible.
I choose to kill all the traitors as soon as possible to get this out of my way. Always chose to kill a traitor if i had a 15+ and could afford to place a 3 or 4 at the Sabotage Reading even if that cost me Time, Supplies and losing my way at the map.
Also use as much possible the STEC ability of 5 or 6.....only with this you can win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo G
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Thanks for posting the session report, Michail! You really made the voyage come alive with your narrative: exactly the experience I'd like all players to have.

How does it feel to wear the Orion Star on your U.N. Space Fleet uniform?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels good but my luck in the event rolls was really high....

Also i was able to keep the Countdown Time at the third space from the End for over 5 rounds i think......

but the feel if i got lost was real and i enjoyed it.

P.S. I will sent you my ideas and what i think of the game in a PM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.