Adam Guarino-Watson
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We started to threadjack a different topic so I thought I'd start a new discussion. Someone brought up the very good point that we don't have Ex and Almighty abilities for promo characters. Let's see if we can put our heads together and come up with a set. I will post the list of characters as they get discussed and suggested abilities:

Ex:
Urutsini wrote:
Legacy and the Freedom Five: Start with +1 or +2 strikers.

grasa_total wrote:
Juto/Borneo: Just give all bases +1 Power? They are all unique bases! Or maybe a Joal-ish "pick two normal bases to add to your hand at the beginning of the game". Maybe something more ornate: Add one normal base to your hand at the start of the duel; whenever it recycles into your hand, you may exchange it for a different normal base.

grasa_total wrote:
Bridj: You may ante two allies in a beat. If you do and you hit an opponent twice, your third attack can't hit that opponent. If you're stunned, both allies go to your discard. (Bridj seemed a little high-power to me to begin with.)

Magius wrote:
VG Gal Iris: You may use the key word from either your First or Second discard pile to determine which boosts are activated.

Popesta wrote:
Mark.PTO: Every turn you must perform this action. If you can guess the closest opponents style during reveal the opponent must then select another style. If you guess incorrectly you lose 1 stat that you can pick (range, power, priority, life).

Almighty:
Juto/Borneo
Bridj
Urutsini wrote:
Legacy and the Freedom Five: Start with another +1 or +2 Strikers.

Magius wrote:
VG Gal Iris: You use the key words from both Discard Piles to determine what boosts are activated.

Popesta wrote:
Mark.PTO: Same action as EX but now you can do it for all opponents and if guessed correctly you balance the card on the back of your hand. When you drop it you return it to the opponents hand. For each opponent you guess incorrectly you lose 1 stat.

War Promos:
Untested abilities for the War Promos from the game designer

PS - I am not posting anything related to Anath for now and I suggest others do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll start out with Iris, as she seems to have a pretty easy one to beef up without changing things over-much:

EX: You may use the key word from either your First or Second discard pile to determine which boosts are activated.

Almighty: You use the key words from both Discard Piles to determine what boosts are activated.

A simple set of changes, but enough to give the character a pretty significant boost in being played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
List of Promo's:

VG Gal Iris
Mark.PTO
Bridj
Legacy and the Freedom Five
Juto
Borneo
Anath

Claus and Wyndhal
Danny the Sinner
Robert the Saint
Ernie the Geek
*That one from the War KS that I'm forgetting* Takeshi!

(For full completeness but I REALLY don't think this is necessary)
Christmas Kaija
Halloween Hepzibah
All other Alternate Unique Abilities if the normal EX/Almighty upgrades don't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Guarino-Watson
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get input from Brad and co if only to describe the thought processes in coming up with an appropriate power level for Ex/Almighty abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
digi holic
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Halos wrote:

*That one from the War KS that I'm forgetting*

Takeshi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urutsini wrote:
I would love to get input from Brad and co if only to describe the thought processes in coming up with an appropriate power level for Ex/Almighty abilities.

As a rule, its evolving the number of things they can do with their UAs and/or tokens and markers.

Magius' idea for Iris is indeed a perfect idea for her, since her ability remotes to Kehrolyn in a way, and so use EX and Almight similar to hers just matches.

Legacy probably would make him either have more Strikers, get them more easily or use more of them per beat.

Mark's is too hard to pick, since not only its already powerful, but is a RL off-game effect. So, unless his allmighty ability is "you can punch your opponent to hit his character in the game", there are little to be created.

Anath is similar enough to Zaam to use a similar evolution path, and that's all that should be said.

Bridj could probably ante more than one helper per beat.

Juto and Borneo are tough, because their ability is simply having different bases... But, taking a hint on Joal, they could play more than one and get extra ones.

Now, The War Promos have official ones...

Takeshi is tough, since most people simply don't have him, but it should be similar to Clive's.

And there are the other promos, the ones custom made for a handfull of War supporters that, according to Brad, could be posted as DLCs but haven't yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One last note about the War Promos:

Danny Hirajeta still works with Level 99, and Claus and Wyndhal are Brad's creations. There is no reason for them not to gain updated versions. And while Ernie is a different issue, he could be updated too. The Guys from BBG wouldn't mind, i think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pope
United States
Bloomfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestions for Mark:

Ex: Every turn you must perform this action. If you can guess the closest opponents style during reveal the opponent must then select another style. If you guess incorrectly you lose 1 stat that you can pick (range, power, priority, life).

Almighty: Same action as EX but now you can do it for all opponents and if guessed correctly you balance the card on the back of your hand. When you drop it you return it to the opponents hand. For each opponent you guess incorrectly you lose 1 stat.

Never tested this, and Mark is such a troll character anyways that trying to balance him will never work. But worth a shot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad has given me the EX and Almighty for Robert.

EX: He starts with all Blessings.

Robert: At the end of the beat, if Robert took damage, he regains 1 Blessing.

Ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:

I linked that thread already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
mnmkami wrote:

Sorry, Didn't see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:
dinobottm2 wrote:
mnmkami wrote:

Sorry, Didn't see.

Relax, just teasing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Eglinton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:

Ninja'd

Marco, mate. I think you are a Robertaholic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Guarino-Watson
Australia
Parramatta
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Legacy and the Freedom Five starting with an extra Striker (or two) for Ex and another extra Striker (or two) for Almighty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Bakatron wrote:
Marco, mate. I think you are a Robertaholic.

I can help it but I'm reading Roberta-holic everytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urutsini wrote:
How about Legacy and the Freedom Five starting with an extra Striker (or two) for Ex and another extra Striker (or two) for Almighty?

The EX would be being able to ante/boost any number of stikers.

The Almighty would be having the EX ability and regaining a Striker if he takes 3 or more damage from an attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:
Urutsini wrote:

The EX would be being able to ante/boost any number of stikers.

The Almighty would be having the EX ability and regaining a Striker if he takes 3 or more damage from an attack.

Nick nailed it. Robertaholic Anonymous is now open for business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.