Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tried to upload two images to a new DB entry that I recently submitted (MERCS: Recon – Assassination Protocol). This entry has no pictures currently. These are the two official images from the Kickstarter page. I previously did the same thing for MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat and the pictures were approved no problem.

I have tried to upload the two images a total of three times, with one of them finally approved by GeekMod on the third try, but the other one rejected three times. The reason given: type should be set to Creative. I marked them as Game because they "contain images whose main focus is the game itself". I don't think they are Creative because they don't "contain images of creative and\or artistic creations regarding the main entry."

I have uploaded hundreds of pictures of game boxes and components, always as the Game category before. Am I crazy or are the GeekModders wrong? Is there a better way to handle this?

The picture that was approved after three attempts:

The picture that has been rejected three times:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you note that you have permission to use the images? Maybe that's the real problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That big strip looks like it has custom painted miniatures?

As for the box, it reads like a digital non-final mockup, so that may be why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
You had multiple copies of the box image in the queue at the same time, so it should come as no surprise that all but one should be declined. The other image is currently in the gallery as Creative, which seems appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
Did you note that you have permission to use the images? Maybe that's the real problem.

Honestly I have always been a bit loose on that.. but I assume if a publisher running a KS campaign publishes an image they won't have any issue with it being shared?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter is a digital composite, so it does not belong to Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
steckman wrote:

Honestly I have always been a bit loose on that.. but I assume if a publisher running a KS campaign publishes an image they won't have any issue with it being shared?

I would message the creator on KickStarter. They should be happy to give you permission since you are basically doing them a favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
That big strip looks like it has custom painted miniatures?

Yeah, that is correct, I guess it does. But it seems strange that it should belong in Creative when

As for the box, it reads like a digital non-final mockup, so that may be why.[/q]

Yeah, that's what it is, but isn't that appropriate for an unreleased game? Or is it preferable to have no picture at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
Yeah, that's what it is, but isn't that appropriate for an unreleased game? Or is it preferable to have no picture at all?

It's fine to have it, it just would be better in Creative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.