Hide
6 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: DoTs and Threat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raziel XM
msg tools
First off, I'm operating off of the preliminary rules .pdf (my friend owns the game, and I'm trying to learn to play ahead of time), so forgive me if this is answered in the final rules. My question is in regards to how DoTs do or don't generate threat.

It says in the rules that threat is calculated, per damage, at the end of the Hero cycle. Okay, got that. But DoTs do their damage over time during the Refresh cycle. Does that mean that the damage over time effect does not increase your threat, as it is not occurring during the hero cycle? Do you increase your threat during the Refresh cycle (there's nothing to indicate that you can or do)? Or do you get the threat at the end of your next Hero cycle?

I guess, as I'm writing this, I could ask the same about damage dealt during the Darkness phase by playing an Interrupt. When does your threat go up for those actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Someone can correct me if Im wrong but I understand it as:

Any damage dealt when the card is played results in threat gained. Any damage done outside that window (such as refresh phase) does not give threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:

Any damage dealt when the card is played results in threat gained. Any damage done outside that window (such as refresh phase) does not give threat.

That is not how I played the Acolyte's Consuming Fire, but that was just a call I made. Not based on anything I read. It would be nice to know one way or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwolf wrote:

I can't remember a rule about this, but I agree with you. I think only the direct damage caused by the card generates threat.

In the videos, they never increased their threat because of DoT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Deadwolf is right.

The Darkness apparently forgets who set it on fire, poisoned it, or gave it measles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also saw it explained somewhere that only the initial damage raises threat, but now I can't find it. Assuming it's correct though, this turns out to be useful as it allows something like "Consuming Fire" to continue damaging a target even after the caster is dead, without raising the question of whose threat you would need to increase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.