Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this brought up anywhere yet, so I thought I'd chime in with my strategic genius.

I didn't catch it at first, but Teeming Spawn can be used to build your third base (for special victory) during the first Stage III regrouping phase. All you need is a unit on a third planet. This makes winning with special victory much easier, or at least forces Aldaris to play Destiny instead of Will of the Conclave.

Does anyone else use this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KirovThug wrote:
I haven't seen this brought up anywhere yet, so I thought I'd chime in with my strategic genius.

I didn't catch it at first, but Teeming Spawn can be used to build your third base (for special victory) during the first Stage III regrouping phase. All you need is a unit on a third planet. This makes winning with special victory much easier, or at least forces Aldaris to play Destiny instead of Will of the Conclave.

In our last thirty games, we didn't reach stage III, so it's useless for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MisuVir
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KirovThug wrote:

Definitely... however, anyone selecting their special victory leadership card is almost guaranteed to be beaten into the ground before stage 3 ever comes close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a tough choice since another Stage III Leadership of Overmind is much weaker and I'd play it only if I can't / don't have to build more units, transports etc.

Both Zerg factions have very easy Special Victory conditions, only the one of Mengsk or maybe Aldaris may compete with their own leadership cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.