Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the hunt for a game that is focused around building ancient architecture or art. There is Cleopatra and the Society of Architects but I've found for my purposes, playing in a school setting, that it's a little too elaborate of a setup and takedown to work well.

In general I'm looking for something:

Plays relatively fast (60 minutes or less).
Quick setup and breakdown.
Light to medium-light mechanical weight. Quick rules explanation a must!

I want to use this game as a supplemental to lessons I'll be doing on ancient cultures. There is going to be a focus on Egyptian and Greek architecture, sculpture and art so I'd like to find a lightish game that can echo the lessons when we have homeroom activity time during school days.

I already have 7 Wonders and Roll Through the Ages meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Architekton?

also maybe Aton?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say Thebes the treasure tiles are all different historical items and the game includes a sheet with a short description and time period for each item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking Pergamon might work, but I am not sure if the art theme would be strong enough for what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.