Popular Tags: [View All]
Lloyd Kochinka
United States
minneola
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quick question. I bought both the base game and the small expansion with it. I opened the base game and played it a few times to be sure I understood it and figure out if it was something our group wanted to continue playing. After that I opened the expansion, and found that the cards are of a completely different card stock, which makes the rooms and spells completely unusable since they stand out like a sore thumb. The base cards are more paper like, similar to Magic cards, and the expansion cards are plastic coated. Is this correct? Are all future expansions going to fluctuate card stock?

I thought about sleeving the cards, but the way the cards are designed, you kind of need to see the back. Even clear sleeves wouldn't really help since the cards are such a difference in quality. I really like this game, but not being able to use the expansion is pretty terrible.

Anyone else experiencing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are already one or two threads here on BGG documenting this problem.

My solution is going to be different opaque backed sleeves for the different card types. Black for one kind of card, red for another and so on.

It is kind of an irritating problem, but not a deal breaker for me since I sleeve anyway. Others might feel differently of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I saw this one coming ever since I saw a box in the game store that said 'revised edition' on the bottom.

The publisher has switched to a US card manufacturer with a different type of card.

The first thing I thought was, that will cause problems for existing owners for future expansions, and for anyone how now gets the current expansion with the new edition.

I did not find out any more than the cards have a different medium and slightly altered text and a new updated rule book.

Not sure if they will support original kickstarter backers or people who bought the alpha game in future expansions?

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Kochinka
United States
minneola
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Runcible Spoon wrote:
Yes, there are already one or two threads here on BGG documenting this problem.

My solution is going to be different opaque backed sleeves for the different card types. Black for one kind of card, red for another and so on.

It is kind of an irritating problem, but not a deal breaker for me since I sleeve anyway. Others might feel differently of course.

Ah, that is a good idea. Now why didn't I think of that. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.